RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Has anyone else seen this show? It started last Tuesday in a 2 hour premiere and is on every Tuesday at 9:00 EST. It’s on Spike TV (used to be TNN).

It’s a spoof on reality game shows. They take aspects of all of the shows out there and exaggerate or twist what they did. They have one guy that has no idea that all the other contestants are actors whose goal is to pull the wool over “Joe Schmo”. The actors act over the top, just like people do on the other reality shows. The object is to win $100,000 in a game called “The Lap of Luxury”. They have contests that are rigged so he wins (or looses) and he already messed up the script and the cast and director had to scramble to keep the scam going. You really have to see it to believe it. The second episode is on tonight but I think they are re-airing the first 2 hour show right after wards. Don’t miss it.

Here’s a link to more info on it.
http://www.spiketv.com/shows/joe_schmo/

Also, check out the cast of characters on the web site. The contestants that are actors have some unique qualifications :eek:

Last edited:

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
My wife, the TV addict, and I watched it last week. I made the prediction that everyone *including* Joe Schmo is in on it. The whole thing seems very scripted to me.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I had a good laugh - Joe Shmoe is pretty funny - yeah the laugh is all probably on us ! :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Joe Shmoe is a pizza delivery guy here in Pittsburgh, PA. They were ripping on him this morning on the radio. I'll have to catch it tonight.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I don't watch tv. It deadens the soul.

I tell my wife that TV turns brains to mush. All this 'reality' crap! How about a 'reality' life that involves something other than TV???? (Like spending all evening in the garage working on motorycycles!) Some people are just soooo narrow minded. ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I get a kick out of reality shows. It's interesting to see how different people react to different situations. Some shows have gone too far so I'm more selective now. I'd never go on one myself but watching other people make fools of themselves is a hoot :)

The Joe Schmo show is hilarious because it's a spoof on all the other reality shows. If you have seen the other ones you will see a lot more humor.

And I doubt that the entire thing is staged. Some of the reactions they get just can't be planned. :eek:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by RM_guy
So Chucke...that coulda been you on that show :eek:

Like Matt said "I had nothing better to do", so yeah that could of been me on the show. Sometimes i do think Matt knows something is going on with the others. You have to admit he catches every one of their screwups. Cant be that dumb.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah he catches them in screw ups but then is easily distracted. It's funny when the actors are all worried that they will be found out and all Matt is concerned about is who voted for him at the eviction ceremony.

Ya gotta dig that eviction jingle, "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, Gina you are dead to us." as the plate is thrown into the fire :laugh:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
LOL - I don't have cable but caught the Joe Schmo show the other night at some friends' place. Too freaking funny! That guy is such an idiot! And how about "Hands on a High Cassed Hooker" And Hutchy and his pimp coat! ;)

I loved it! :thumb:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Looks like good old Matt has a breakdown - should be interesting to watch.

Hands on the hooker was a hoot - man that was the breast show eva ! :)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I only got to see the replay of the first show, and it was a hoot! I told the wife I've just been hooked by another one of these reality shows, but this one takes the cake. Can't wait to see 'Joe' lose it!

Top Bottom