XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
The latest on Travis according to RacerX:

Roger Decoster
"It was a difficult decision, but I think it was the smart one. Travis needs some rest and to heal, so I think this is the last time that you will see him race this year."
Click here for the full story.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I am glad to see that.
I don't have any feelings towards Robert Pastrana one way or another, but I'd have to say he's doing something right, his sone made a (IMO) mature and wise decision. I hope my kids will be smart enough some day to make decisions based on facts and not on testasterone(?)
Way to go Travis.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I feel bad for the kid because he wants to win so bad, but it is the smart move for him. I kind of got a negative vibe going towards his dad after seeing him on TV at the X-games. I think he wants to be a rock star or something considering how he was dressed and acting. I'm sure he is a real nice guy and all, but even the best of them can get caught up it all the hype.

I hope Travis comes out next year 100% healthy and puts on a great show.

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
yeah right you want your son like him he is only 17 and he has already broken over 20 bones, MC has only broke 2, how about your son being more like him that is much more mature.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I was there and watched him pull off the track in disbelief, he was gaining ground but looking ragged! I thought there was a bike problem but when he came over the speakers and said what was going on, I knew it was true!
Look he may have broken a lot of bones but he is passionate about the sport. I watched his dad on TV the race before Millville point back to the truck when Travis seemed to want to continue! He is 17 and people pay him a LOT of money to do what he already loves... give him a break and acknowledge the fact that he made a very grown up decision!

Kevin

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
Yes he did make a very grown up decision, but he is 17 and is already all busted up and that is a reall bummer, RC, MC, LaRocco,Windom have lasted as long as they have cause the were a little more safe. I know there is alot of danger in our sport and broken bones happen, but over 20 bones at 17? I just don't think I would want my son to think of him as an Idle when it comes to Motocross. He is a very nice young man, no tattos earings and is very well mannered. I'm just talking about being safe, and respecting life a little more when it comes to racing. :D

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Originally posted by Duneman
I just don't think I would want my son to think of him as an Idle when it comes to Motocross. He is a very nice young man, no tattos earings and is very well mannered. I'm just talking about being safe, and respecting life a little more when it comes to racing. :D

Yes,he has lots of broken bones but I am thrilled that my 4 year old doesn't judge people by how many bones they broke, cause he would hate me. I was a ski pro and broke several bones. Not 17 times but it is in the double digits. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, but over all, broken bones are in no way a measure of character.
No I don't want my kids to break 17 bones, of course NOT. Neither does Robert Pastrana or any other parent.
But I am thrilled that my kids like Travis. He shows a level of maturity, dedication and INTELLIGENCE that is rarely found in a 17 year old.(IMO)

Out of all the MX-ers and FMX-ers I am glad my kids picked Travis as their idol.
Shane Watts is on their list too, but I think I influenced them on that;)

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
very well put, he is a very good guy, and is my son's fav rider besides MC.
I'm all busted up as well, broken back 2wice, and both wrist, and several ribs, and now I love asprin, and I am a walking berrometer. I guess I just get scared when it comes to my son getting hurt, he is 9 and already is a rocket.
but your right about Travis being a good roll model. We have our own 8 acre track and my son rides every day and I have to look away sometimes, I guess I am a big sissy when it comes to watching him ride. I have MC's latest video and he does some pretty awesome indian airs. and heart atack lookbacks.:)

Top Bottom