The lazy man's way to wash your riding pants.

Daniniowa

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
This might be a bit back on topic, but I use shampoo to wash my helmet. Just find a big enought container so that the helmet will be all the way under water when it is full. I use a keg tub. I think a big cooler would work also. Just fill it with warm water, dump in some shampoo, and use your hands to wash it. Here's a good tip also. Buy some shampoo that smells good and you like, because it will smell that way for a while. If you aim a fan at it, it will dry faster. No, you can't put it in the dryer or the oven to make it dry faster. You could put it on top of the refrigerator, because it's pretty warm up there.

wizard69

May 3, 2001
Redryder,I don't have a removable lliner so when my helmet started to stink I put a bounce sheet in there and it smelled good for a long time.just take it out before you ride

ADS

Nov 21, 2001
I clean my pants, jersey, and gloves by pre-washing with garden hose (if needed), then into the washing machine (hot), hang to dry, and then a no heat fluff cycle in the dryer with Bounce to soften and freshen.
My helmet has a removable liner, so I wash it and my goggle frames by hand with Pert Plus shampoo, spin them in the washer (just the spin cycle), and hang dry them.
I don't put goggles in the washing machine anymore, I have seen the foam come right off the frames before.

Apr 15, 2002
the shower thing works for a little while, but after a while it starts to cake up in you drains..... i noticed cause when i played am paintball every weekend i would just shower in my pads and pants to clean them....

works for a little while, then sucks i hose, then wash

Top Bottom