CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Hey guys,
I need a little help. Justin and I were riding today and he managed to run the XR50 into a stump and bent both lower front fork legs. I am in a pinch to get things fixed for next weekend. Does anyone know of or know someone that might have a set of stock front forks off an XR50? Maybe a set that someone swapped out for some aftermarket ones? I really only need the lower halves, but if an entire set is available, that would work too.

Worst case, do you think it would be alright to just bend them back and call it good?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Mike

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
CR250R@WINTERS said:
Hey guys,
I need a little help. Justin and I were riding today and he managed to run the XR50 into a stump and bent both lower front fork legs. I am in a pinch to get things fixed for next weekend. Does anyone know of or know someone that might have a set of stock front forks off an XR50? Maybe a set that someone swapped out for some aftermarket ones? I really only need the lower halves, but if an entire set is available, that would work too.

Worst case, do you think it would be alright to just bend them back and call it good?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Mike
I would check BBRmotorsports.com in there garage sale section they acumulate alot of extra xr parkt due to they take stock xrs and build them in house they might have somethin for ya there

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mike - I am almost certain you have already heard this from Justin "KTM 65!"

I assume Justin was not hurt? How did the stump fare?

I would give bending them a try - nothing to loose if it doesnt work.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
It looks like I will be ordering some forks today. A few questions I have for those that have messed with the minis: If I upgrade to the 1” longer lower forks, is it necessary to upgrade the rear shock too? Or will it be alright to run the 1” longer fork legs with stock springs and stock rear shock. Justin is tall enough for the extra 1”, and the stock springs are enough right now. I don’t want to screw the geometry up to much right now for him.

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
He would have better stability, but his turning radius would increase. Not that he'd notice, those xr50's turn on a dime.

Top Bottom