The MX Nationals Begin! I'm Pissed.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm SO ready for the outdoors! Supercross is good, for what it is... something to watch between Motocross seasons. Okay, so it's a little better than that, but there is nothing like the Nationals for great racing. If only one of the networks would pick up the broadcasts so we wouldn't need a decoder ring to figure out the TV schedule, all would be good. My DVR has never been able to figure it out. For now the only way to watch and not miss any of the action is with a subscription with NBC Sports Gold, which isn't cheap at $55.00.

That's why I'm pissed.

$55 isn't chump change. At least there are no commercials; you see every lap, of every moto. You also get to see live qualifying at each round and have access to full event replays of the previous two seasons, great for those of us who missed any number of moto's due to the sketchy TV schedule. My solution to the cost? Get some friends to kick-in and host your own moto "parties" each weekend. You'll need one of the popular streaming boxes (Apple TV (Gen 4), Roku or Amazon Fire (or a TV with one built-in) to watch it on the big screen, otherwise you're limited to the PC or mobile device.

Yeah, I know that read like a commercial (it's not), I'm just thankful there's a way to watch that makes sense, even of it does cost. Look at it this way, it's $4.50 per round. Or how about $2.25 per moto :) That's actually more than reasonable for what you get. I'd love to get it all on Broadcast TV in all it's 4K glory but that's not going to happen in this short-attention-span world.

The only negative I can come-up with for the service is that each moto is an individual stream. Meaning, when one is over, you have to go back to the menu and pick the next moto.

Tomorrow's schedule:

Hangtown Motocross Classic

Qualifiers: 12:10pm Central
250 Moto 1: 3:00pm CDT
450 Moto 1: 4:00pm CDT
250 Moto 2: 5:00pm CDT
450 Moto 2: 6:00pm CDT

Here's a link to NBC Sports Gold if you're interested.
Full disclosure: DRN or anyone affiliated with DRN, gets ZERO compensation of any kind for posting this link. Consider it a public service announcement :)

18ProMXSched_RXI-01_960.jpg

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
The opening laps of 450 moto one was some close racing. The whole moto was good just wish it was a little closer at the end.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
FJ!! Hows it going, been a while?

Until Roczen get's healthy, or Tomac faceplants, it's probably going to be like that at the end for the rest of the rounds. #3 is hauling. I can't think of anyone else that can run that pace, Marvin is stepping-up and may get there?

And man I'll be glad when that 30 year-old moves out of the kiddie class.

Top Bottom