The New Aonia Pass MX and Trails in Georgia

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
They have top notch mx and sx tracks, vintage track, laser graded 1/4 mile flat track, and 9 mile hare scramble type trail.

Just the right combination for Northern riders to get away from the cold. :) Free camping, cheap RV electircal, water, bathrooms, nearby cheap hotels, etc.

Aonia-pass-mx.com

Here are some comments posted last week:

(From track representative):
Aonia Pass today was awsome!!! The new setup had some heads shaking but after they got a few laps...all I heard was how sweet it was. We are planning on changing things around every six months or so (nothing drastic) but keep it from getting old. We will plan on doing SX under the lights every other Wed. 4PM till 10:30PM. The Minicross has been reworked also. We are open all through the Holidays with weather exceptions, so please call before you haul as Perry updates every day. As of Dec.1st 2005 rider fee will be $20 per rider. Thanks to everyone who supports us here at Aonia Pass. We care about each and every one of you and will try to provide a safe and fun MX riding facility. We are open to suggestions, so please let us know how you feel. Thanks & Happy Holidays! The Staff and Managment At AONIA PASS MX

(Eddie Beverly comments): Bravo!Bravo! The track is ridiculously fun. Could go any where you wanted to. Yes there are three triples that take my breath every time I hit them. But my kid also hit all the double parts on a 65. Great crowd today. Cant wait to get some more tommorrow. Mutimer had it whipped flat over the biggest triple out there.

(Tommy Greer): William was ripping. Eddie you and Scotty, Brian, Ross,and Zack were all looking good out there today. I will be back Sunday for more since I did not do ZIP today. My 7 year old loves the Pee Wee track and the SX track. Great Job Aonia.

(Kevin Harkins) Great to hear it, Aonia is on of Georgias greatest facilities. Can't wait to see the new changes!

(Joe Reitman) William, Eddie, Shane and others who rode yesterday- you will even like it much better today.

This morning Mike smoothed down many of the jump landings. The big step down that used to be the big step up has been cut way down.

Mike put 4 hours in yesterday and another 2 this morning. He refaced every tabletop out there and we packed the faces with the tractor.

There are now 9 nice tables out there.

I am at the track now and riders are already out there. Most everyone out there now is jumping everything and they look very comfortable.

Most of the turns are plowed a bit deeper than usual, so some good berms should form.

Mike just got back on the dozer to work on the SX track. I plowed it last night and Perry is taking the 4x4 Ford tractor with the tiller over there right now. Mike is going to tweak the jumps.

We plowed it wide in several turns so it will no longer be a one line track. There is now room for 2 to 3 good lines in every turn. It has some jumps that really launch you, but they all have safe landings. Even old slow me jumped everything out there yesteday, except the triple on the back straight. Mike is tweaking that triple landing today so it should be a lot smoother. The sx should be perfect for Wednesday night.

(Eddie Beverly comments): Sunday was awesome again. Yes it is a little more mellow than yesterday but still great. Mike has a done a fantastic job on the changes. I beleive it is because he is a rider himself. All good track builders usually have been good riders. He builds it and not only ask everyone feed back,but trys it himself. Great job Mike. Thanks again

(Joe Reitman): Perry has asked Mike to come out Friday to prep, so it should be perfect again Saturday and Sunday. But if the rain is not too heavy, the track should be good Wednesday through Friday. I suggest you call Perry the night before and ask about conditions.

(Eddie Beverly): Sunday was awesome again. Yes it is a little more mellow than yesterday but still great. Mike has a done a fantastic job on the changes. I beleive it is because he is a rider himself. All good track builders usually have been good riders. He builds it and not only ask everyone feed back,but trys it himself. Great job Mike. Thanks again

(Joe Reitman): Hi Eddie- the mellowed landings were a direct response to some of the C/D riders who wanted more margin for error. The changes made me more comfortable

Mike does try hard to talk to just about everyone out there. And he does try to build everything safe. The whoop section is a good example of that. They are rolly, not too sharp, and are very well spaced. All day long I was able to double in then blitz through near the top of 3rd gear without getting out of shape. Much better than the monster jumpy whoops that were over by the pond before.

I will pass on your thanks to Mike.

(Joe Reitman): Here are 2 emails I received last night and this morning-

"Tell Mike I had a blast today. My buddies from north ga. had a good time. They are not fast but they loved it."

"Yes the new layout at Aonia is very nice. I'm impressed and quite surprised at this. Track is still fast, wide and has plenty of challenging jumps and corners with an easy whoop section and a new S turn and built up jump faces. I highly recommend it for everyone who desires to have fun.
Charles"

(Jarett): If someone does'nt like the new track changes then that goes to show that you can't please everyone.My son rode it on Sunday and I have'nt seen him smile like that in a long time.He loved the track!!!Mike and Company you guy's are awesome.We come down and ride through out the winter and man this is going to be one awesome winter.The track has something for everyone.Triples,Doubles,tabletops,whoops,I really don't know what else someone that rides motocross would want out of a track.Keep up the good work and we'll see you in a couple of week's.Thank's again Mr. Perry for a awesome facility and for finding such a great track builder in Mike.You and him we'll make an awesome team.See Ya soon.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The kids seemed to like the flat track more than anything! I can understand that, I had fun on it, too.

We also did some loops through the woods. Those trails are in great shape.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
High Lord Gomer said:
The kids seemed to like the flat track more than anything! I can understand that, I had fun on it, too.

We also did some loops through the woods. Those trails are in great shape.

Us big kids like the flat track too!!!

Thanks for letting me mooch premix. Again.... :)

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Brant Sanderlin, the award winning photographer for the AJC, will be at Aonia Saturday taking photos for Aonia's website. Check him out by putting his name in Google or similar, and you will see he is top notch. Come on out and meet him, and maybe you will get your photo on the site.

Top Bottom