murcada

Dec 16, 2002
Anybody think you could do a corkscrew? Backflips are so vanilla and uninteresting I dont see what all the fuss is about. I can imagine its quite difficult to do and respect the guys that have done it but its still just a backflip.

I want to see someone do a corkscrew. At first that might seem impossible but I been thinking about it and think it just might me attainable. First you would have to make a bigger jump and lengthen the distance between take-off points and landing points. This is to allow for the extra time need to pull the bike around.
Also it seems that instead of the ubiquities arc jump it should be fairly flat. You dont want a high narrow arc you want a flowing shallow arc. Heres the steps Ive visualized.

1. You would come up the jump like your going to do a whip.
2. As you take off you begin to shift your weight to one side, most likely your dominant side.
3. You keep firm pressure on the inside footpeg pushing it away from you.
4. While putting pressure on the footpeg you start to pull the bars toward you.
5. Halfway through the arc you should be hanging off the side of the bike like a counter weight to help the bike whip itself around.
You should keep the other leg on top of the seat with your heel putting pressure into the side of it.
6. Once the bike starts to come back up you put pressure on the outside peg and yank the handle bars upward in the direction of rotation.
7. Right after pulling upward on the bars you sit down, grasp the bike with your knees and finish straightening the bike out.
8. Then just land as you would normally.

Although I dont know If someone can land normally with a gallon of chili in their shorts. Anyway, thats how I imagine it being done. What do you think? Is it possible?

murcada

Dec 16, 2002
Number 7 is wrong. You would continue to keep pressure on the inside peg but once you come around it technically becomes the outside peg.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'd like to see someone take the whip all the way around to an aerial 360.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Vin Diesel has already done the superman-seat grab-barrel-roll.

actually I'd like to see a complete 4 point barrell roll on a bike. I hate freakstyle but the morbidness keeps me watching some times. :silly:

murcada

Dec 16, 2002
I think we have our wires crossed. I dont mean whip the bike around. You would go up the jump face like your going to do a whip to initiate the roll. Just think of a corkscrew on a roller coaster. You would flip completely upside down so your heads pointing to the ground then , hopefully, right back up again.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I'm pretty sure that's what Mad Mike tried in the Games this year.
He was carted off to the Ambulance :eek:

KDXNick

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2002
Yup, thats what Mike tried to do. He described it in detail to my cousin while they were in a local bar together about 2 months after it happened. Bike just wouldn't come around. The guy tries his heart out though, you should see him in his front yard (WOW). Anyone who quits MX, after too many injuries, then decides to make a living in pro freestyle has every shred of my respect.
-Nick

Top Bottom