XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
from Cycle News online:
According to today's edition of the Orange County Register (California), Boost Mobile has made its offer to Bubba Stewart in which it will own the motocross/supercross star "outright."

Damian Dottore, the Register's motorsports columnist, is reporting in today's paper that Adrian Hunter, the man responsible for Boost Mobile's sponsorship deals, has presented its offer and is awaiting word back from Stewart.

The Register reports that Hunter said the company initially tried to work out a deal that would involve Yamaha, but it was too difficult to get Stewart out of his contract with Kawasaki - so he will be with Kawasaki for the foreseeable future.

The Irvine-based cell phone company already has a sponsorship deal with Stewart. Under the new contract, Boost will be able to increase its signage on the rider and it would also line up his endorsement deals, according to Hunter.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
glad to see he's staying on kawies. when they have a rider that's winning, yamaha guys are worse than the honda die-hards.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
humm.. I've got a Yamaha and a Honda. I must be REALLY bad. :p

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
humm.. I've got a Yamaha and a Honda.

me too. including my kid's bikes, i have three hondas, two yamahas, and two suzukis. but my race bikes have always been hondas. i've never had a kawie. i like them okay, just never had one.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Okay, I'll up your three hondas with 2 Hondas , 3 Kawies and one additional Yamaha . :confused:

don't make me go shopping. :eek:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
My and both the kids Kawi's run no prob :) Just the crf seems more my style, less work too go fast :laugh:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by jboomer

It's just a matter of time Ricky! You're feeling the pull!

I felt the pull into the dealership, just checkin things out, im gonna sell my kx then get a CRF :laugh:

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Keep that "01 just a little longer Ricky D
http://www.fullnoise.com.au/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_full&news_id=182&cfid=1642740&cftoken=16362446&dts=199200340256

HobRoff
'02 KX250

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
HobRoff,
I think i am going too hold onto the kx, here in cali we have the red/green sticker issue.. My bike is green stickered.. So i can ride it year round at the OHV parks.. Plus i found out today that my company will be slowing down at the 1st of the year, so maybe buy an 05 CRF..

I read earlier on supercross.com that Boost has made an offer too Bubba, but haven't finalized anything.. Hmmmm

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
That's where that link was supposed to go, Mid 2005 for the KX450F release, thats what I'm stashing my pennies for. Anyway Stewart is amazing no doubt about it, when he is racing I end up watching what is going between the 2nd and 5th positions he's so far ahead of the pack. Take care and hope your job situation works out well

Top Bottom