GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Thanks to SqueakyGirl for mailing the tape!  I got an awsome vision of what lies ahead by getting to see the video!  Looks like fun, lots of rocks and roots!  I recognize Squeaky, PapaKieth, and Dave (LoriKTM's better half, musta been him on the trials bike?).

Who was shooting the video (on the Yamaha? ).  Where's TJ?  Which one was scooter?  I must have missed some others with the helmets on, it was difficult to make out who was who!  RV6Junkie, were you on that ride?

Squeaky, you'd only been riding for a couple of months when this video was shot last May, right?  You looked awesome out there, especially that one shot of you making it up this long uphill incline with twists, everyone was cheering for you when you made it to the top! :worship:

PK looks like he's slimmed down some since that ride, I've seen the new svelt PK at Dirtweek ;)

Can't wait for May!!!  Squeak, shall I mail the tape back to you or send to another DRN member to view?  Thanks again!!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I was there but I spent most of my time that day with my son, his friends and their dads. There were 27 riders there that day so it was impossible to go out in one large group. We had riders that ranged from 8 years old (my son and his friend) to PapaKeith and RM_Guy who must be almost 70 or so.

Scooter took some nice photos that day (http://community.webshots.com/user/danco214-date)

The pictures are posted under "DRN Does Paragon" and "Paragon Kids". The kids photos are mostly my son (XR70) and his friends, most of whom you'll remember from Dirtweek.

This year I'll be sure to be present when someone makes a spectacle of themselves. My only hope is that it isn't me!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
"must be almost 70 or so". . . nice, real nice :think:
I can't wait to get back to Paragon to see how much Squeaky has improved in one years time, and how the 450 will do in the PA woods.
I do know that The title of the "Roost RM_guy" contest may have a title change this year. Maybe Roost RV instead?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by Papakeith
"must be almost 70 or so". . . nice, real nice :think:...Maybe Roost RV instead?
Sounds like a good plan to me!!!

Nat I'm glad you will be coming. You'll have a great time. You're automatically entered in the Roost RV:)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Just got back from spending the day with Scooter. It was a blast as always an i was amazed at how much the trails have changed since 10/19. So PK, you and Sam will be shocked when you see the place in May. Turtle hill is way rougher, the single track has a perfect groove that allows faster rides, and lots of new stuff. We got to see some of the new trails today and they were great. Especially the last one which allows you to ride a trail back to the parking area instead of the coal road.

Nat, i swear i was there. You just have to look behind the camera. :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by Tree jumper
Turtle hill is way rougher, the single track has a perfect groove that allows faster rides, and lots of new stuff.

And I just got done telling PK that I can't wait to see how I've improved on Turtle Hill this year!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, you'll get me out on that single track too. I'm not as afraid this year!

Nat~ PK has another copy of that tape so if you'd like to send it on another DRN'er that'd be great!

Is it May yet?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by SqueakyGirl
Nat~ PK has another copy of that tape so if you'd like to send it on another DRN'er that'd be great!

Great!  Who would like to see the tape next?  I was just telling Mick and Gina (bratt) about it.  I'll let them see it next then send it off to whoever sends me their mailing addy first!  PM me or post here!

TJ, I THOUGHT it was you behind the camera, but was not sure! ;)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sam, you had no problem with DW's ST so other than afew boulders thrown in here and there its about the same. There's a nice section that is pretty flat and open more without the major rocks. It'd be perfect for your first Paragon ST ride. I just have to remember where it was. You can still make it up Turtle hill but just have to swerve more and dont follow anyone. Otherwise it will be like that boulder dodge on Extreme Eliminations. :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Squeaky, you will have no problem with turtle....trust me :p

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by scooter1130
Squeaky, you will have no problem with turtle....trust me :p

Sounds promising... :confused:

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
"The title of the "Roost RM_guy" contest may have a title change this year. Maybe Roost RV instead?"

Ahh man . Couldn't we have a separate title for both ? We will , after all , be there for two days .

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Someone teach me how to roost before we go...pleeeeeease!

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'll show you Sam...just sit here behind my rear wheel...

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by RV6junkie
I'll show you Sam...just sit here behind my rear wheel...

:debil: That's not nice... :flame:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
If you are not going to take RV6junkie up on his offer, why did you ask :laugh:

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
Convince Papa Keith to let you try his 450, I'm sure you'll get a roost out of that mount Squeaky! :thumb: Just make sure you are pointed in the right direction and someone is on the recieving end to verify the roost!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
What I want to know is if we can ride UP that long singletrack downhill. That would be a challenge!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Originally posted by WoodsRider
What I want to know is if we can ride UP that long singletrack downhill. That would be a challenge!

That can easily be arranged as long as we have one of the whimps who doesn't want to try it sit at the top to make sure no one comes down....any volunteers??

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Afterwards we'll place her behind Trigger and his puddles. That way she gets a shower to clean off all the roost.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
By the way everyone. I wont make the ride and its going to kill me! I joined the Police Academy an cant afford to get hurt. Its costing me too much money to risk an injury. You know I will be with in spirit. Papakeith, I will be in one of those vapor trails you see after a couple of beers!

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Trigger, you can still camp with us!

Top Bottom