The power of prayer - needed ASAP

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Although I feel blessed in so many ways, I need to get the prayer warriors busy. I have a pretty good list of folks in my life that need prayer, so for those that bow their heads to our awesome God who can do more than we ever could imagine please pray for:

My Aunt Jo Ellen Bragg - she is suffering from brain cancer and just underwent chemo and radiotion treatments. They removed a tumor the size of a man's fist from her brain. She just had a MRI done today to see if the tumor (what was left) is growing...

My Cousin Eric Wickliffe - He is just 18 and weekend before last he jumped out of a boat in 25' of water and hit a stump. He broke his neck in 4 places and has been diagnosed as a full-blown quadraplegic. We are not sure if he will regain the use of any of his limbs at this point.

My girlfriend's daughter Adrienne Huice - She has made some bad choices in the last year and is now reaping what she has sown. She has pushed God out of her heart and is very confused and troubled to say the least. I know that God can soften her heart.

For those that made it this far, I want to say thanks. Life is hard, God is good, & prayer does work.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Jeff - Your family will definitely be in my thoughts. I am so sorry to hear all of this, it is sad when bad things happen to good people.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Prayers on the way, Jeff.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Ditto here Jeff, in my prayers as well.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
My thoughts and prayers too, jeff.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Done Deal

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Sorry to hear that Jeff. Will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
jeff - hang in there, prayers on the way

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Many thanks to all who offered their services...

Here is a quick update on what I know today:

My cousin Eric is slated to have his feeding tube and ventilator taken out within the next 48 hours. I hope he will be able to function without assistance. No real news on the use of his limbs so far.

As for my girlfriend's daughter, she is showing no signs of remorse for her actions and is still as defiant as ever. She feels we should all just be OK with who and what she has become. She is fighting some powerful demons and they aren't letting go. But then, neither is she. It breaks my heart to see what has become of her. She used to have eyes that sparkled with life, now they are empty and cold.

I'll know more about my aunt in 2 weeks. It amazes me that a person can get MRI's and walk out that day with the images, but it takes 2 weeks for the doctor to look at them. Unreal.

Thanks again for the prayers. Keep 'em coming...

jeffd
<><

Last edited:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Update:

On Tuesday 8/15 My Aunt Jo Ellen Bragg went to be with the Lord.
I was lucky enough to get to spend the whole day on Sunday with her. She will be missed. Rest in Peace Aunt Jo.

Eric is still in ICU. He coded last week and had to be revived. It is amazing to me because I spent the July 4th weekend hanging out with this kid. He is just 18. He was riding the 4 wheeler (on 2 wheels most of the time, lol) and just being a kid that weekend. Now he has to have a ventilator just to breathe.

As for my g/f's daughter... she is seriously confused. I pray that the tough love that her Mom has been forced to show her is starting to work. I am not sure... sometimes I just think that she is sorry that she is in trouble and not at all sorry for the pain she has caused everyone that ever cared for her. Time will tell...

Thanks for all your prayers.
Jeff
<><

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Jeff, so sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Thoughts are still with Eric and your g/f's daughter.

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Sorry for your loss, Jeff.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Jeff, I am saddened to read about your trials.

It is a blessing that you got to spend Sunday with your aunt. Celebrate her life.

Prayers for continued strength are on the way.

Top Bottom