Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I have repeatedly seen the breakdown of the cost of raising a child, but this is the first time I have seen the rewards listed this way. It's nice, really, really nice!!

The government recently calculated the cost of raising a child from birth to 18 and came up with $160,140 for a middle income family.

Talk about sticker shock! That doesn't even touch college tuition.

But $160,140 isn't so bad if you break it down. It translates into $8,896.66 a year, $741.38 a month, or $171.08 a week. That's a mere $24.24 a day! Just over a dollar an hour.

Still, you might think the best financial advice is don't have children if you want to be " rich." Actually, it is just the opposite.

The following explains it all.

What do you get for your $160,140?
Naming rights. First, middle, and last!
Glimpses of God every day.
Giggles.... under the covers every night.
More love than your heart can hold
Butterfly kisses and Velcro hugs.
Endless wonder over rocks, ants, clouds, and warm cookies.
A hand to hold, usually covered with jelly or chocolate.
A partner for blowing bubbles, flying kites, building sandcastles, and skipping down the sidewalk in the pouring rain.
Someone to laugh yourself silly with, no matter what the boss said or how your stocks performed that day.

For $160,140, you never have to grow up.
You get to finger-paint, carve pumpkins, play hide-and-seek, catch lightning bugs, and never stop believing in Santa Claus.
You have an excuse to keep reading the Adventures of Piglet and Pooh, watching Saturd ay morning cartoons, going to Disney movies, and wishing on stars. You get to Frame rainbows, hearts, and flowers under refrigerator magnets and collect spray painted noodle wreaths for Christmas, hand prints set in clay for Mother's Day, and cards with backward letters for Father's Day.

For $160,140, there is no greater bang for your buck.
You get to be a hero just for retrieving a Frisbee off the garage roof, taking the training wheels off a bike, removing a splinter, filling a wading pool, coaxing a wad of gum out of bangs, and coaching a baseball team that never wins but always gets treated to ice cream regardless.

You get a front row seat to history to witness the first step, first word, first bra, first date, and first time behind the wheel.

You get to be immortal.

You get another branch added to your family tree, and if you're lucky, a long list of limbs in your obituary called, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

You get an education in psychology, nursing, criminal justice, communications, and human sexuality that no college can match.

In the eyes of a child, you rank right up there under God.
You have all the power to heal a boo-boo, scare away the monsters under the bed, patch a broken heart, police a slumber party, ground them forever, and love them Without limits, so . . . one day they will, like you, love without counting the cost.

ENJOY YOUR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
:worship:

Vampyrz

Oct 21, 2004
Thanks for the smile Tony. Besides my wife, our two sons are the most important thing in my life and an eternal fountain of joy and love.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
That was awesome. I'm going to send that to my wife right away and it's guaranteed to give her a smile. Thanks for sharing!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Wow that is awesome Tony. That's enough to make a grown man teary eyed. I'm glad you posted this. My wife and I are in the process of adopting our first child. I have to show this to her. She'll cry for sure!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
CAL said:
That's enough to make a grown man teary eyed.

I resemble that statement.

Children are truly gifts from God.

Cal: Good luck to both you and your wife!

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Good one Tony, as usual! :cool:

Think I will spend the weekend riding in OK, with one of my 160K riding partners. :ride:

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Can't put a price on something like this :eek:

The Cooperland mud on the face is optional :ride:

Attachments

• Picture 102.jpg
    Picture 102.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 49

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Here's a shot of my little Power Ranger and Tinkerbelle. They amaze me every day.

Attachments

• halloween kids3.jpg
    halloween kids3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 38

thestrider

Apr 21, 2003
First on the way

I am awaitng my firstborn son due in Jan. I am already overwhelmed with the possibilities for the future....cant wait ! :rotfl: :yeehaw:

BBdotcom

Sep 26, 2004
Thanks Tony that was great to read, we have 3 kids
Son 22
Daughter 20
Son 15
Reading that made me think about when our kids were babies
and realize how fast life goes by, It seems like just yesterday we were carrying them in our arms and feeling the unconditional love...priceless...
BTW I think we spent that in diapers lol
Tom

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom