KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I got them all right on my 5 th attempt, do I get a prize?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
35 points out of 35 on the first try. Do I still have to arm wrestle for the prize?

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Ooh, TwinSpar - that diesel pig is really putting you in touch with your feminine side - no problem with the dress blowing over your eyes on the jumps?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
No problems with the dress but I am having some problems with chaffing from the bra! :confused:

bbbom,
Want to mud wrestle for the prize? :p

How's that Kiwi? Am I more in touch with my masculine side with that last question. ;)

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
LOL! Don't the contestants usually wear bikinis? Is that your motivation?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
It looks to me like question one is wrong. As in their answer is incorrect.

Manly muscles are way stronger than puny little girly muscles!:p

I'll armwrestle ya, bbbom!:p

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
Don't the contestants usually wear bikinis?

Not at the places I've been to... they wore nothing! :eek:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I missed 1, scored 30.

"As late as the 1960s, women weren't allowed to compete in Olympic races longer than 800 meters, on the theory that females were physiologically unsuited for endurance activities."

I wish I had been around to tell those idiots to shove it!!!! :p The women's team going to the ISDE should be able to lay that theory to rest as well! ;)

I watched a program about the history of women in sports recently. I couldn't believe that women were not permitted to enter the Boston Marathon until 1966!! One woman was denied, she later hid in the bushes and jumped in "unofficially" just so she could participate.
Another woman managed to register and get a number by signing up with only her first initial and last name. I was mortified when she was "discovered" in the race and they showed the officials, trying to physically tackle her and drag her out of the race!!! Fortunately her very large, football player boyfriend was running with her and pre-empted them. He told her to "run like hell!" While he held them off. It would have been several swift kicks to the groin for them from me!!! I was so furious I could barely finish watching the program!

I found information about the incident here: http://www.undelete.org/WHM/WHM07.html

Hopefully the day will come when no little girl or woman will be told "you can't do this". :(

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
Hopefully the day will come when no little girl or woman will be told "you can't do this"
The only time I'll probably say that to my daughter is when she brings a boy home!:eek:

Luckily, boys'll probably be icky for at least another eight or nine years . . . hopefully!:scream:

This may sound way too pc for your friendly neighborhood XRpredator, but I say let them girls and wimmin do whatever they want! If they can compete, let 'em have at 'er. (okay, let the XRshnookums and XRsweetie posts begin :silly: )

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
How is this?

Attachments

• xrsweetie.jpg
    xrsweetie.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 331

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
:o guess I should have been more specific about what little girls "can't" do! ;)

What? Boys cease to become icky?! When? I was not aware of this! :p

I wish more men had that sort of view point on the issue XRpunkincake. ;)

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Shoot, missed 2. The last one isn't fair since they even admit it's so close.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Yep, that and #3, re: which sex responds better to exercise. I've seen some remarkable progress in women when they start out weightlifting.

Then again, I don't know any women that dirt bike ride down here. Maybe Texas women are just leading a life of leisure while us guys are out hitting the trails in the sweltering heat (guaranteed to keep you trimmed down!). Can't say I've even noticed a Texas woman here on DRN...

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Twinspar, I'll just give you the prize cause I'm ascared now!!!:scream: I don't even WANT to know what places you've been to and I don't wanna hurt XRSweetie's poor little arm.

GSR, it isn't just women that suffer from stereotypes. I hope that someday nobody will be told that they can't pursue their dream because of their sex. Well, except for XRP's dream to wear a thong in public - NO XRP YOU CAN"T DO THAT!!!!!:scream:

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
35 OUT OF 35!!

That one on weight loss is right on the money!

To lose 5 pounds:

Woman: eat salad 3 times a day (and nothing else)
drink gallons of water
exercise 2 hours a day
do this for weeks (or until you die from exhaustion)

Man: SKIP LUNCH!!!!

There is no justice in this world!!!!!

:p :p

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Gosh ladies, your comments of how hard it is for women to lose weight reinforce my (incorrect) response to that last question. How can this be? Do women really focus on keeping weight off while men tend to be slovenly pigs? Are the same percentages used to define overweight for both sexes? I wonder where their data comes from?

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Wait, I thought testosterone was what gave us the ability to grow those large muscles, and have more muscle and less fat than women do. So why wouldn't it be the women who are overweight?

I'm not trying to be argumentative here and as they said it was "a close shave". Most likely is too many men just don't care -- they noted men don't obsess over it and we all know the emphasis American society places on this with women. The other possibilit is there is a different factor used to determine overweight between men and women in that Louis-Harris poll (which I'd never heard of so can't say how scientific it is).

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
That is most likely the case Doug. How many times have you watched as the overweight men sit and cackle as a heavy woman walks by? Like my favorite saying: Women will never have true equality until they can walk down the street with a bald head and beer belly and KNOW that they are truly beautiful.

The often quoted acceptable fat ratios for women are higher than those for men.

The way I look at it though they are all generalizations and I have never done well with fitting in with the GENERAL population. I don't accept being average. I figure that if I put my clothes on and I don't have any bulges where I don't want bulges then I'm not overweight for me. If I have bulges where I don't want bulges then I better lose some weight (or buy bigger clothes so I don't have bulges ).

I also feel that in general (my least favorite phrase) women have a more difficult time losing weight because there is more pressure to do so. In addition, men are usually involved in more physically oriented activities. Again a generalization, I don't know many men that can keep up with my mom when it comes to physical work.

That is the problem with generalizations, they are based upon AVERAGEs and I hope to hell I am NEVER average! :eek:

The testosterone level probably does have something to do with it too though. I know I don't have a problem losing weight if I want to and actually try (like cutting out the beer on the weekends :() but then I have also had a doc tell me I had very high levels of testoterone for a female. :think Hmmmmm now THAT could explain A LOT!!! ;) I did ask her if that was why I acted like such an ass sometimes though - she didn't get it! :p

B

biglou

Two questions:

Question 1: What is the main sex drive hormone for a man? A: Testosterone.

Question 2: What is the main sex drive hormone for a woman? A: Testosterone.

To the best of my recollection, it's true. I thought this fact was rather interesting. Can't remember where I read it.
BTW-I got a 30/35.:)

Top Bottom