Akira

Aug 29, 2003
I have just recentley started riding enduros, my first one was the Roselawn enduro in April. I'm not sure if I'm going or not, but I was wondering if anyone had some info about the race its self.

Bish

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
I don't have any details on this year's but I rode it a few years ago. The trails are great fun...unless it rains a lot! It poured the day/eve before the year I rode and it was miserable. Mud, mud, mud, and hills. I would strongly consider riding it again though. It would be a hoot if it were a little drier.

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
That is what I have seen when I watched, there was a really big hill that they had to climb after they went threw a creek. There was a lot of people looping out and fliping there bikes. It was fun watching but it must have been really tough for the riders. I really want to ride this race. I'm more than likely to hour out, I barely finished Roselawn. I finished at 57 min., for my first time I think that I did pretty good.

muddobber

May 19, 2000
Promise, we won't have you climbing a hill after crossing a creek and looping out. We will give you a National caliber event with a C class cut off and maybe a B cut off if the weather is iffy. You should ride this event, Fall is a great time to experience our trails. Overall length should be about 95 actual and 20 less for the C class. We have picked up 3 new woods sections, so if we we not long enough last year you should be happier. Heck, ride it just to say you did it. Have fun. Thats why the guys spend so much time setting this thing up. Its definately not for the money, just the clubs chance to give back to everyone else who puts on rides.

rda

Jun 20, 2000
the mud around here isn't so bad! if you want bad, go ride a southern ohio enduro after it's been raining all week, it's enough to make you want to give up riding!

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
Thanks for the Info. I really hope I can make it. If My dads back is up to it we will def. be there. I hope to see you there.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I rode their trail ride this summer and it was a blast. I think it consisted of a large part of the enduro.

If it wasn't so far over there I would go back for the enduro.

muddobber

May 19, 2000
Layton, make the trip anyway. 5 hours is not that bad for a good ride. You won't even recgonize alot of the trails from the dual sport. We add about 15 more miles of trail and hook things together for longer sections. I know I am biased, but I think this is one of the best Enduro's in the country, along with New Paris and Greenville. The so called experts in California say Enduro is dead yet they have never bothered riding Enduro's in the Mid West. This is it
guys, ride these or forever lose the right to ride a course over 10 to 15 miles long.

rda

Jun 20, 2000
come on over layton. I drove 10 hours to south carolina and 9 hours to marquette, MI this year just to race. If the weather isn't to bad, I am going to drive 4 hours over to ohio this sunday for a race. I know, me, go to Ohio?! They do have some cool riding, IF, it hasn't rained too much before.

rda

Jun 20, 2000
hey mudobber, the marquette national was a very good ride too. 80 miles with no road. it had tight technical trails, and fast flowing trails too.

I wouldn't reccomend the national in SC though, all whooped out, no technical stuff, they didn't even have any log crossings.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Guys,

I would like attend the enduro but below is the outline of what/where I have been and will be for the months of September, October, and November plus the round trip mileage for each event.

September:

6 & 7 Trail ride in Minnesota. 520 miles.
14 Enduro in Iowa 440 miles.
21 Enduro in my backyard. :yeehaw: 20 miles.
28 Stay home and do family stuff.

October:

3-6 Trail ride in Missouri 700 miles.
12 Hare scrambles 100 miles.
17-20 National Dual sport in Ohio 900 miles
26 Enduro Byron IL 180 miles

November:

1 Trail ride Byron IL 180 miles
2 Enduro Morrison IL 120 miles
28 & 29 Trail ride in Missouri 700 miles.

As you can see, I don’t get to ride very much but it’s the best I can do. ;) Granted there is only a hare scrambles on the weekend of your event and while I would much rather ride an enduro then a hare scrambles, it’s close and a real good event.

Maybe next year. :thumb:

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I plan on attending. SO far it sounds like an awesome race!!!

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
Well I found out that after my dad gets back from Dirt Week, we are going to Upland. I really hope to see you all there. I still would not mind any info that anyone could spare.

muddobber

May 19, 2000
If anyone cares here is some info on the race this Sunday. 97 miles actual for the A and AA and maybe the B riders. The club will decide as a group Tuesday if we cut the B riders off with the C class. The A section is not hard just the last 14 mile section of the race. Forcast is good this week with warmer temps and the River will continue to drop. We have 5 river crossings and 5 timing sections. And they are good, with one new timing section that starts out tight and ends going wide open in a pasture dodging cattle. Race uses the Re Start format, meaning we will tell you where the in checks are. There will even be a 3.7 mile section at the start of the race that will be free territory, just so you can get warmed up. Hope to see you there and one word of advice. T your vent tubes on your carb. More than one guys bike quite in the river because the carb could not get air. If it happens just push to the edge and kick away, it will start right up.

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
Thanks Muddobber, this has really been helpful. I really like the part about the cattle. The last time I went we had a friend get into an argument with a cow so to speek, and the cow won. I hope that I don't meet the same fate, but I think it will be fun all the same. I really hope to see you all there.

Akira

"I am Artie, the strongest man In the World"

danielst

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 20, 2002
I'm heading over from South Central Ohio to ride the enduro and was wondering if someone could give me directions from Upland? Also, what is the keytime and are you on the same time as Ohio or 1 hour different?

Thanks!

rda

Jun 20, 2000
from upland, head north to the edge of town, right as you start going around a 90 degree curve to the west, there will be a road to the east, 500 south, there are usually arrows and a sign at this corner too. take it about a half mile to untill you see the lions clubgrounds on your right, that is where the start is. they will have lots of arroows up to help guide you too. You are 1 hour ahead of us. the key time is at 10

you can also visit their website: http://www.muddobbersmc.org/

rda

Jun 20, 2000
Did everyone have a good time?

overall I had a great time. I think the club made the wrong decision to cross the river so many times. I drowned my bike out and houred out before getting it running again. I wan't alone either, there were already 5 bikes on the bank when I got there, and several more joined us while I was still there.

Other then that, great trail, and perfect weather made for a great day of riding.

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
I was haveing a really good time up until I hit this unmarked hole in the middle of this feild at about 35 mph. I riped my Moose drink system off my chest protecters. Other than that I really liked the trail, I never made it to the covered bridge so I did not get to see any of the water crossings. I did see my share of the really rutted out mud holes that I got stuck in two seperat ones. Other than that I had a fun day.

Akira "I am Artie, The strongest man in the world."

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
It was an awesome race! very nice trail, and some what technical. I only made it to gas with my second flat front tire.

One thing that could improve greatly is the arrowing. I personally along with everyone else in my group lost the trail more than once. I would say bigger arrows and more of them. :thumb:

fixorama

Oct 9, 2003
great time! best enduro of the district 14 schedule so far. look for the ripples in the water thats where the rocks are and the water is more shallow there. thats what a couple of local dudes told me it worked.

rda

Jun 20, 2000
I know about the ripples, I have been racing enduros in indiana, michigan, and southern ohio for 13 years, and this is the first time I have ever drowned my bike without dropping it. I noticed while I was working on my bike that there was about a 5 foot wide spot that you could take and make it. a little to the left or right and those bikes joined the rest of us at the rivers edge.

The club most likely knew the best line, they should've had womeone to point the way.

muddobber

May 19, 2000
Thanks for the comments guys. Any help to make this race better is what we want. The river was deep in one spot, but thats just part of it. Years ago everyone used to water proof there bike and now no one even thinks about it. Enduro is about not only riding fast but overcoming all obstacles, and by far most made it with no problem. Plus we are dealing with all levals of riders, and some are just not going to make it no matter what. I used to be there myself, but keep riding and you tend to learn things. Every spot on that course was makeable and 100% rideable, just ask the sweep crew. Sometimes in the heat of battle we don't make the best decisions. Thanks again for the comments and maybe we will back down on the river a little next year and then again maybe not.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I just talked to my buddy - Leroy Keen (aka Leonard Michael) - he finished second overall and really enjoyed the trail.  He said it was a great ride!  He is making plans to return to Upland for the dual sport event next and I hope to join him.

We have one race left in District 14, but Leroy has already wrapped up the Championship!!!!  Congratulations!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom