angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
... and his name ain't Reggie Hammond, it's Juha and he's an American offroaders worst nightmare. This guy is whipping everyone, except Doug Henry, on a different surface every week. It's going to be like RC in the nationals. Who can stop him?

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
The guy is fast, smooth, conditioned, smart line taker and his bike is set up.

Doug Henry is a great rider and kicked some butt in general at Florida. I was standing next to Doug's bike when he hopped off and hit the ground. He was spent and thrilled he won. A few seconds later Juha came in and the GNCC TV coverage went over to him. When Juha pulled off his helmet, that is what amazed me more than Henry flopping around on the ground, Juha had barely broken a sweat, no red face and he was not even out of breathe on the mic. Kind of made me wonder with all that energy left why he didn't put on a last minute charge to push Henry into a mistake. Henry had no more left...only pure desire to finish. I guess Juha's comment that finishing second behind the legend was good enough for him and that the soild 2nd place finish was what he needed to help win the 2005 GNCC series ...his real goal.

The American riders will need to find another level of ride to beat Juha. they can do it but they need to take a step back, chill and regroup, plus get the good luck and smarts back into play. Lafferty is following Juha's lead as Mike has struggled on the last 2 laps with bike set up or poor choices on the track. In Georgia Mike looked great on the bike and stuck to making smart line choices that kept him smoother than ever. Lafferty has a chance to beat Juha on the right course as Mike is on the Euro learning curve. After all that being said the USA guys need to remember Watts is out there. He has not forgotten the Euro ways to a strong finish. He was on a stock 125SX and managed 2 great rides.Hopefully Watts will stay healty or atleast get this season out of his knees while riding 110% on 40% body parts.

Well that is my GNCC take...great racing series.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Shane may do the WORCS in Havasu on a 200 this weekend.
Lafferty is learning, and the KTM's are kicking butt this year.

Top Bottom