they are clueless

fit04

Apr 9, 2007
ok. I went to Gorman to camp and ride...it was packed of course but no biggy..that’s expected. People are drinking and screaming and what not...no biggy...that’s expected. But this moron comes right next to camp and does a nice little (big) donut while we are eating our cold cereal (couldn’t get a fire pit because all the stove filled RV's had them). I just sat on the bed of the truck enjoying the added crunch and grind to my cereal as the wave of sand explodes in my face.

If you have seen Gorman...the parking lots are pretty big...especially in the one we were in. He could of been 20 more yards away from us and still have room for stupid pointless donuts.

When I pass campers I go slow on my bike so I don't kick up dirt but somehow it doesn't enter in his mind. The bast**d then speeds away and comes back 3 minutes later. He’s just been circling in the damn parking lot the whole time. So we called him the parking lot racer where they do not dare to leave the safety and security of the parking lot.

I enjoyed yet another sand blast in the face as he returned to his camp. He was also shirtless (which is so sexy btw..not) and had one of those Harley helmets on where they give you no face protection.

Later that day a herd of quads passed us and some weren't even wearing helmets. I personally think they should drop the "must wear helmet" law so only the smartest survive. :laugh:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
My advice, don't go to the dunes if it bothers you too much. I've never been to Gorman but I've been to a couple other spots. It's all the same. "Run what ya brung" and do what you want with it.

fit04

Apr 9, 2007
yeeeah...it wasn't a dune place...and obviously I am not going to stop going to one of my favorite spots. Next time I will talk to them if I get a chance. Other places it doesn't happen especially when there aren't any parking lots. They can do anything they want with their toys...that is true but they can do it away from people. Go on the trails first...then do your donuts.

To me its like....they know its not cool to run into eachother RV's so they don't...but somehow they DON'T know its not cool to throw dirt into people faces when they are eating.

Sometimes I think I am getting closer and closer on giving up on humanity.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
if there is a quad in a parking lot, it will do donuts. Simple.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Since moving out west I've found that every riding area with even a moderate amount of use will have some tool in the parking lot. The busy the place, the more drunken helmetless tools there are drag racing in the parking area. And while quads are the biggest offenders, bikes are usually far from exempt.

Too many people today have zero common curtousy. But you will still find a few of us out there.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Or tell them there is a big "FREE BEER" tent a few towns away. They'll be packed up and gone before the dust from the last dounut settles.

fit04

Apr 9, 2007
I've always found a flying tackle usually calms them down.

Yeah I wish...I would just bounce off of them. They can do whatever they want but they choose to do it in a crowded place...ugh...attention seekers.

Or tell them there is a big "FREE BEER" tent a few towns away. They'll be packed up and gone before the dust from the last dounut settles.

That would seriously work...get a sign that says "free beer" and secretly slap it on some RV and they will flock over to the unknowing owners.

When I am on the trail I dont care if they do donuts and get dust in my face..I am already getting dust for just riding so they need to pick better locations to vent their testosterone.

My bf does admit that he has some urges to do mindless donuts but managed to surpress them...or just scared to death that I would beat him lol.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
At Gorman there are other places to park that are farther back from the entrance. Most of the quadbillies won't bother to drive back that far to park. Besides, there aren't as many people back there to watch their antics.

Also, don't go there on a weekend or especially a three day holiday weekend. During the week, the place is empty.

I guess you could also find out where they are parked and after you suit up, go over and do a few circles around their camp. One good turn deserves another. :nod: Since you will most likely be wearing a helmet and riding gear, they won't know who you are. We have done this before and it really pizzes em off when they get a little of their own medicine. :yell: Watch out for flying beer cans. :rotfl:

fit04

Apr 9, 2007
Like a lot of people I work during the week but I would rather go during the week than the weekend but I have no choice.

We parked in the parking lot that has that Truck playground with rocks and big hills for cars. I think its the 3rd to last parking lot. And thats the biggest parking lot too. I rather not be even more crammed in those smaller ones.

I would follow them and spit dust in their face but my bike doesn't have the pep to spin its rear wheel easily and I can't do tight turns to do donuts. I guess I just release my bf on them lol.

Top Bottom