Thieves took my bike

rames90

Sep 7, 2000
Going down to my truck this morning I noticed my loading ramp hanging out of the back of my pick-up. A sinking feeling came over me, then I noticed it. My less-than-four-week-old 2001 KX250 was gone. Some a$$hole used a grinder to cut the 2 Master padlocks and Kryptonite cable lock off sometime last nite. Now begins the battle with the insurance company to replace the bike and accessories that I had put on it.

If anybody in the Calgary, Alberta area sees a 2001 KX 250 with a Moose skid plate, green Acerbis Rally Pro handguards, an FMF Turbine Core II spark arrestor, and Factory 909 handle bars please let either myself (james@fekete.com) or the Calgary city police know.

What a crappy way to start the week…….
:(

Last edited:

John.T

Aug 2, 2001
Arn't you glad you insured it though:cool: I have some buddy's that race in Calagary and around those areas, I just notified all of them through e-mail:D

rames90

Sep 7, 2000
Very glad, insurance is important and unfortunately, necessary, because of all of the dishonest people in the world.

canucklehead

Apr 13, 2000
James,

Man, that sucks! I'll keep an eye out, and mention it to the guys at Bow Cycle (i'm in there a LOT!). Just out of curiosity, what part of the city do you live in?

Funny thing, I just checked out your employers website, and found out your office is only a block away from my office on 4th and 4th! Small world after all!

Hope you find the bike! I'll tell all my riding buddies here at Shell to look for it as well.

Dave

rames90

Sep 7, 2000
Thanks for all the help guys, I live right across from McMahon Stadium, in Patrician Village, my KX was in the underground parking, I thought it would be fairly secure there.

What company do you work for canucklehead? Shell, I assume..

Last edited:

Rockrider300

Uhhh...
Sep 4, 2001
It might be better to get the insurance money if they give you a good amount because the bike will usually not come back in good shape. I have heard of a lot of bad stories where they ran the bikes without oil in the gas.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'll keep an eye out for your bike. Good luck in finding it. Oh yeah, if the bike isn't insured on it's own, check your insurance policy, because in many companies, if the bike cannot be insured on it's own (dirtbikes) it is covered under the house insurance.

rames90

Sep 7, 2000
Fortunately the bike has its own insurance, but I probably won't get the full value of all the accessories on it. Thanks for keeping an eye out for it everyone.

Rockrider300,
You're right if I get it back it will be wrecked, but the insurance will pay for all repairs, up to the value of the bike. That's my best chance for this not to cost me anything.

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
Rames90 - that s***s! Got the VIN?

Seems like there's some kind of post for info on stolen bikes so folks can check before they buy. Anyone got info on that?

R White

Sep 13, 2001
sorry to hear of your plight but here's a few tips look for your bike in your own neighborhood first ie.late at knight theives are usually junkies who think cover of darkness gives them saftey.now prevention back your truck in to something imovable,auto on lights,big dog. all have kept my bikes safe.
again sorry to hear of your loss:(

Top Bottom