zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I'm not nearly as slow as I thought I was. I can mostly keep up with mid-fast guys like Eddie, Tony Da Rat, etc., as long as I'm not tired.

The Canadians are crazier than Mick, but he's still #1 in the boyish good looks category. And I thought I was gay-bait.

Lou looks much faster on trails than he does on a track. But then he looks "slow" again as soon as his helmet comes off. Poor fella.

Kav is not anorexic, he just has tapeworms. Somebody feed that skinny dude!

I am a hero. I saved the day when GSR's throttle cable broke 13 miles away from camp and I rode her bike back like Shane Watts, uphill all the way, through the jaws of alligators, over pungee sticks, blindfolded. She and Bratt are my witnesses. And I did not have the menage a trois they begged me for afterward. Aimee still tried to seduce me with "Hey zio, help me with my zipper". Deny that one, lady.

I can also make it up hills that other DRN'ers can't. Nevermind who.

Jake, a.k.a. Mellow Yellow (formerly ggoja), always manages to be hiding on some part of the trail taking pictures when you're looking your worst. He's evil.

Don't take the drink VD offers you right before bedtime. Much like eating his salsa, your butt will be hurting the next day.

Moonrocks in February is THE best place on earth.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I learned:

Be alert when following Zio on the trail, he likes to try and roost you with poop.

I need a 450

Some of the waitresses at Fireside should NOT wear their "uniform", better yet, they should just get jobs as truck mechanics

Iowa really sucks, big time, worse now, than ever before. This state should be turned into a tree hugger resort, with razor wire all the way around it. It's not good for anything dirt bike related.

Whoops make me hurt in places I didn't know I could hurt.

Sand isn't all that bad of a thing to ride on, it hurts less when you decide to lay down for a nap.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Rooster said:
Some of the waitresses at Fireside should NOT wear their "uniform", better yet, they should just get jobs as truck mechanics.

The patch is what made the ensemble for me :eek:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Hey everybody, Strick's bald. And for Pete's sake.... I'm telling you- at times when you're not really supposed to be going fast, you round a blind corner and there he is, snapping photos, and you have to do something like stick your leg out & try & lean over to look fast. But roost doesn't lie.

Last edited:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
zio said:
I can also make it up hills that other DRN'ers can't. Nevermind who.

Jake, a.k.a. Mellow Yellow (formerly ggoja), always manages to be hiding on some part of the trail taking pictures when you're looking your worst. He's evil.

The gloves are off, dude!
:p

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I learned that Zio is not as weird as he would have everyone believe, he's my Hero! He won't even bat an eye if you need help being stuffed into your riding pants! :)

If you're crazy enough, you really don't need a throttle to ride a dirtbike.

That Mellow Yellow is really cool and can take whatever the Canadians can dish out.

That our mentally unstable DRN Canucks are not representative of all Canadians. They are, shall we say, "special". :)

Strick and Mimi haven't changed one bit and are still awesome hosts!

and that I miss the desert!!!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Farmer John said:
The patch is what made the ensemble for me :eek:

FJ, we did some speculation and couldn't decide if that patch she was wearing was one of those patches they are always spamming us with to enlarge your, uhh, errrr, well, you know?

:think:

scary

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
thumbs said:
I learned how to play hockey, in the dirt, with beverage impaired Canadians.

I learned that even the smallest of females can hip check beverage impaired Canadians, while playing sand hockey, and manage to knock them over!

I REALLY REALLY need a WR250!!!!!!

Strick is the awesomest for letting me borrow the 200 for the day and it even had brakes!

Old cab drivers that don't know where they're going make for a very, shall we say, interesting ride...

AND The #1 thing I learned in Reno this year...among the DRN'ers that were there, it's a bad idea to walk around saying "My butt hurts..." :laugh:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Here he is again :laugh:

Attachments

• zio1.jpg
    zio1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 357

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
i have learned that even old people can ride! I learned that jake is the most resourseful person i saw there! mean toast dude! I have learned that folk from canada are a blast! and a BW can jump!

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I guess I am not 'special' enough to view the photo gallery. Lifetime member since the first day it was announced and it shows, not registered??

Oh well, help put on a DRN gathering and not get to share in the photos --> figures.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Strick said:
I guess I am not 'special' enough to view the photo gallery. Lifetime member since the first day it was announced and it shows, not registered??

Oh well, help put on a DRN gathering and not get to share in the photos --> figures.
I think it's still sorta broken after the upgrade. You have to clear cookies and log on or sumpthin like that. I'll look for the thread with the info. :thumb:

Last edited:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Although, I was identified as 'logged in'. I have to log in again in order to get recognized. All is better now, except my Yamaha!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Mapquest directions suck big time :|

I need a Canadian blender. :yeehaw:

Little Ricky can loop-out when pinned in third gear

Mick has no sense of fear

I have the power of the “Evil Third” at my disposal :p

I need to ride more. I’m out of shape

I can’t tell MrLucky and Rooster apart :think:

Be wary of the Game Patrol

Last edited:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I also need a Canadian blender

Kav can't tell me and Rooster apart

USA vs Canada full contact sand hockey in moto gear is tough

Our Canuck friends are awesome

Lou is starting to like hill climbs

Bsmith can RIDE

Strick and Mimi are awesome hosts and friends! :worship:

Bikes break easily @ Moonrocks :(

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I learnt that everyone is as cool in person as on-line :thumb:

I wish next time I could go on more rides with some others, I missed riding with a lot of people!!

I should have spent more time socializing, but after trying to Follow Pinball in the canyon from hell, and trying to keep up with Endo, Mick(AKA energizer bunny), and Kiwi on the Donner party adventure I'm a lot older than I could imagine. I was sore in places I didn't know I had :ohmy:

I also learned that the high mountains in Nevada are a lot of freaking fun!!

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
MelloYello said:
Why, yes, I do believe I am evil. Click HERE for proof.:p

That`s okay. We have some pictures of jake too,probably best not shared, but for blackmailing him at a later date!! :laugh:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I learned a lot this year:

I still need navigational help, be it on the road, on the trail, or in the hotel.

The Canucks are still cool. I'm going to celebrate their existence with a Maple Leaf sticker on my bike :thumb:

You can only plow your throttle into the dirt so many times before the electric start stops working. :whiner:

I missed everyone from Dirtweek more than I thought, it was so good to see all those familiar faces again and meet some new ones as well.

I have some pretty AWESOME friends! Although I've always known that, it never ceases to amaze me to experience all the generosity and helpfulness. Thanks.

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
a few things I learned;

Americans can`t play dirt hockey very well ,but can still hurt you.

Zio will buy anything.(sucker)

Mellow Yellow will do any thing you tell him.

Blender drinks don`t really impair us ,it`s the 15 beer before lunch.

Kav is a better hockey player than he is a rider.

Bsmith is fast . going down hills.

Thumbs is a quick learner, but is too small for full contact dirt hockey.

Kiwi is still weird ,but very cool.

Pete and kav should be sent to jail for contributing gas for us to play with.

Top Bottom