speedracer238

Feb 12, 2004
Alright I finally got my forks back from Tech-Care with stiffer springs and re-valved so i figured time for a test run. I warm it up and take off and for about 100 yards its all good. I come to a stop then get on it and it revs for a second the bogs, I pull the clutch to rev it up to keep it running and it kinda revs and bogs at the same time(if that makes sense). So I figure hey out of gas. It didnt look empty but it defineatly wasnt full. I've never ran it down to reserve so I dont know where it starts. I switch to reserve tank and kick it about 15 times(normally takes 1-3 to start it. I bring it back to the garage and kick the **** out of it and no start. I pull the plug and its somewhat dirty so i clean that. Still no starty. I check compression for fun and its fine. I had to move the gas tank to get the compression tester in, then after I put the tank back in place I kick it 3 times and it starts and runs for about 5 seconds and dies.

I'm thinking gunked carb so I'll be cleaning that this weekend and hope for the best. It's a 1990 KDX 200 and i've only owned it for 4 months and i dont know if its really been cleaned. Anyone else have ideas? Thanks in advance. :thumb:

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
That happened to me once.... only once and never figured out what it was... I figured it was a piece of dirt in one of the jets and probably was. Cleaned the carb and never did it again!

speedracer238

Feb 12, 2004
Problem fixed

I wasnt able to go out and buy a new plug yesterday or today because i worked late so tonite i just cleaned the hell out of the plug, cleaned the carb even tho all the jets were clean and clear, then noticed one of the vent lines off the carb was pinched close so i cut it right above the pinch. After getting it back together it took about 2 kicks and fired right up. Then i turned it off and started it again 2 more times on the first kick. Thanks for the help everyone :thumb: .

est142

Dec 30, 2003
you should remove and clean the pilot and main jets. clean the air filter and make sure you have gravity fuel flow from the tank, while the carb is removed.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
If the gas has been sitting all winter replace it with fresh stuff. Remove and clean the carb ensuring all the jets are clean and unobstructed. Install a new spark plug, cleaning doesn't work.

David

Top Bottom