Thinking about buying a new bike.

colt689

Jan 4, 2009
I currently have a 2004 ttr-225, I'ma bout 6'1 200. This bike is pretty small for me, but still weighs a ton.

A friend of mine has a 2000 kx 125 for sale, and its in perfect condition, almost like new, I can get it for 1400$ Would that suit me for mainly motocross riding, with a little trail riding here and there?

Thanks!

zig06

Oct 4, 2007
Personally, I think that you are too big for a 125. And even though a KX125 is more powerful than your TTR. But if your not into big jumps then maybe it'll get you through another year of learning. And if your trail riding is tighter mostly 2nd and 3rd gear stuff, then maybe it'll be fine...

Personally I think that if you are not racing then you need to stick with good trail bikes and at your size I would say that a WR250 / CRF-250X would be perfect.

Mar 18, 2006
If you have been riding that ttr on moto-x tracks, the kx would be a HUGE upgrade. If you spring it for your weight, and keep up the top-end maintenance (which is fairly cheap and easy). You'll have a blast on a 125. The 125 would be a compromise on the trails but still fun, as long as the trails are not tight, steep, and slippery. An almost new 125 still probably needs a top-end job ($150 max). Just so you know, the kx will destroy the ttr on the track. No comparison at all. You are not too big for a 125. Just a little set-up and maintenance.

Top Bottom