thinking about buying a newer kx 125

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i am hoping to buy a another bike soon. im looking at kx 125 but how are they on bottom end and mid range power? i do mostly woods riding and might do my first hare scramble race this year. i currently have a 91 honda cr 125 and i hate it because its mostly all top end power and sucks in the woods.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Have you given any thought to the KDX 200? If you can handle a new KX 125 you can surely handle the KDX 200. And it will do a much better job in the woods. With a few mods. it will run with and even away from the 250's in the woods. Plus, the KDX will cost less $$

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
thank you for responding, im glad there was at least one person who did. my first bike was an 87 kdx 200, i didnt have it long though i got into a financal situation an had to sell it. i probably only rode it 3 times or so, i didnt have a very good skill level since it was my first bike, i had a a hell of a time with it because it was so big and heavy. i really havent seen any newer one up close, or rode one but im sure they arent as heavy as the old ones, my 91 cr 125 probably weights more that new 250's. i will check the new kdx 200's and 220's out though. i like 125 though because of the light weight and i can through them around.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Those are all good points. Wieght is an issue. I, however, am not a big person, about 5'9" and 155lbs. And I don't have any problem with my 96 KDX 200 being to heavy. I ride woods mostly as well, but like to get on the MX track some. And my KDX will take any jump I have the guts to try. If it doesn't its not the bikes fault.
I did a few mods. : FMF pipe and silencer, VForce reed system, Suspension, Air box, card., Pro Taper Bars, WER steering stablizer, and 51 rear sproket. My bike has new graphics, front disc covers, MX rear fender, frame guards, and skid plate.
It will run with any new 250 in the woods. And is still a blast on the track. Its about 20lbs heavier than the KX 125 (I think). They are really good bikes. Very sound and reliable for a 2 stroke. Any KDX from 96-03 will be very close to the exact bike. A good used one is about as good as a new one for alot less. They are worth giving a look at. Good Lucky and enjoy!

I will have a picture of my KDX on www.dirtridersfellowship.tk

BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
Midhigh,

Awesome looking bike!!! I replaced my accordian fork booties with neoprene booties from Summers Racing $30, they are waterproof and don't have the little holes to let in water/dirt. I also made my KDX 200 more MX looking and shedded some poundages by taking off some stuff. Black plastic front/Black MX style rear, took off the light, removed the odometer and kickstand, Acerbis Rally Pro Barkbusters, graphics kit, Guts racing Flamer seat cover, FMF Rev pipe/TC II Spark arrestor, Renthal Fat bars, Race Tech suspension, also very clean like yours. I love this bike. I wish I had the black tank like yours. Next winter I am going to paint the frame black or grey, haven't decided. When I get a scanner I'll post a pic.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
BPJNT,

Thanks
:)

Since the picture I have added:
WER steering damper
Works connection Frame guards, Radiator braces, and skid plate
Delta V-force II reed system

Have the front forks done.

My fork boots are water proof as well.