thinking about picking up a kdx200

City Hunter

Feb 8, 2008
I'm looking at 2 different kdx200's right now. One is a 83 with a rebuilt top end and a pipe, suppose to run great, the other is a 89, not quite sure on it's condition yet.

Anyhow, everything read says these are exellent woods bikes. I'm coming from a background of smaller 4 stroke bikes. Biggest thing I ever rode was my old 94 suzuki dr250. Right now I have 2 tw200's with bad tanks. I'm playing the waiting game trying to find a good used one, and would like to add something with some more zip.

Are there any major differences from the 83 ti 89 bike? Looking at the faq, the 89 is watercooled and the 83 isnt? I assume suspension is a bit better? Both bikes are the same price I dont plan on doing any real jumping, as I just ride the logging roads and trails up behind my house. Frankly, I think either one I will have fun on. I find anything with a engine and 2 wheels that can go fofroad is fun. I had just as much fun on my old ct110 as my dr250 heheh.

Mokwepa

Jan 27, 2008
Hi

Go for the 89, provided that condition is ok. Its like buying a car, get the latest model possible.

They are fantastic bike's, thats why every one here rides one. Ive got a brand new one(2006) and love it. They are very forgiving bikes but haul ass if you want them to. I get to ride +-4 times a week in awesome surroundings. Yesterday was the first day that i really gave it stick(still too new, dont want to crash it just yet), and my God, was i surprised. They are really quick if you pay attention to revs and ride hard. You will not be dissapointed.

My kdx is not the most powerfull that ive ridden, I do have experiance on large bikes, and im impressed. I feel so much more comfortable on the kdx than i do on my mates yz250wr, therefore i get better times on the kdx.

thats just my experiance.
Cheers
Dylan

City Hunter

Feb 8, 2008
Well I missed my chance on the 89, Still thinking about the 83, there is a 175 up right now too I'm going to go look at today.

AwfulSmokey

Oct 15, 2007
muddertrucker said:
I'd go for the 97

I 2nd that. If price is an issue that 92 can be fun, would just require some attention. I have an 89 200 and it keeps me happy.

Pictures088.jpg

Top Bottom