Thinking bout' trying one of those 'guided tours'

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
I have read so much about these guided tours, we are thinking bout trying one this winter in Mexico. Anyone have any experience with this that can relay some info, ie, cost, riding type, worst/ best ones available, accommodations, ect.
I guess I can bring myself to ride an XR400 :think: ..... for a couple days of great westcoast trails/mountains/scenery. ;)
Any info provided will be appreciated!

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
SFO & Fe Princess did one of the tours for thier honeymoon last year. Project boy has done it as well. Try searching on their names. Some folks over at Thumpertalk have done these rides. moredesert on the DRZ & XR650 forum at TT rides sweep a couple of times a year for one of the tour operators - give him a shout.

Brian

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Kinda a long haul for you since you are about as far away as you can get! BUt if you ever want a "real" adventure, do it yourself!

Baja GPS Guide

Great guide and some pretty funny stories (some by yours truely :) )

Tell Kacy Rod sent you!

Mike Butler

Jan 1, 2001
I took a trip with TRAIL BOSS tours and I had a great time. I the guy's did everything they could to make our trip good . The only reason I would maybe try a diferent group next time would be to see a different area. There does seem to be a lot of two track though on these trips.

EM rider

Apr 27, 2001
I go twice per year and would highly recommend a guided Baja tour. They are a blast and I would recommend Baja Bound. www.bajaboundmoto.com The terrain in Baja is varied and offers challenges to riders of any ability. If you want to ride difficult/technical trails, just let them know and you won't be disappointed. As mentioned, check TT where this has been covered extensively in recent weeks.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Hey Greg-

I was thinking about this as well. I was looking up around the Moab, Utah area, but wouldnt mind goin back to Mexico. Its been about 8 years since Ive been down there. If you have extra room, let me know.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Thanks for the reply's guys, I have norrowed it down to Baja Bound or Trail Boss, I like the idea of 'All Inclusive'. Due to transport expenses and hassles, I will just opt for one of their XR's :scream: :o So, I'm not really doing it for the challenge of the ride, (I get enough of that in the NETRA events). Its really about sucking up the scenery, experiencing Baja for my first time, dining on steak & lobster, and sitting by the pool with a cold beverage at the end of the day. (dont tell my wife we're gonna have that much fun!) With all that in mind,...which tour offers the best accomadations?

Wayneo, BY ALL MEANS,....include yourself in on this, I would love it if you could go!, so far I can only get Dave and Roland to commit, so please come along, we can all meet and fly out of NYC together.

EM rider

Apr 27, 2001
It is hard to say which tour offers the best accomodations since they all use a small handful of places. There are no deluxe options available in Baja so "comfortable" is about as good as it gets. That said, they all have hot showers, comfortable beds and good food. Whichever tour you choose, if it is your first trip, make sure you spend at least one night at Mikes Sky Ranch.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
We've gone tqice now with Tim Morton's Baja Bound Adventures.

http://www.bajaboundmoto.com/

And we're going again with the wife on next year's "Hooters on Scooters."
Tim used to race for the Kawasaki factory team, has multiple Baja race wins, and knows all the best/secret trails.

Can't say enough good things about Tim and his crew. About 1/3 of the pictures you see on his web site are ones I took on my trips. Any specific questions, just holler!

-- E-Ticket (Portland, OR)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom