haygeee

Jul 19, 2007
Hey all,

My names dan i bought a Honda CRF250r 2006 with rocket exhaust system on it and quickshot carby.

Anyway its the first bike ive ever had im 18 and 65kg.

And i find it to be a bit heavy and hard to throw around and i was looking at the Yamaha yz125cc, im starting to think i maybe should of bought this first to learn how to ride so its a bit easier for me to throw around, but 87kg dry weight on yamaha 125cc and mine which is 92.7kg dry weight is there much noticeable difference there ?

And powerband on 2 strokes would that throw me around and be too hard for me to handle ?

Im not to sure yet if i want to start racing i love riding on the weekends, ive been doing jumps lately not big jumps but small tabletops and ****, i do alot of trail riding too last weekend i went up to a place near where i live and really thin trails and went up to the top of a big mountain i had quite a bit of trouble getting up some of the trails they were really steep and i couldn't end up getting up.

My step dad reckons i should of got a 125cc to learn on because lighter and flick around alot more, then move up when im ready, need a few more opinions thx

joey450

Jul 14, 2007
if you can handle the 250 r you should be ok with the 125 with a little time ,once you get adjusted to the power band. you will notice the weight difference

haygeee

Jul 19, 2007
i see, what 125cc bike do u think is the best and value for money i think the yamaha's are nice.....

And do u think its a wise idea moving down to the 125cc to get comfortable riding or just keep the 250 and just deal with it ?

joey450

Jul 14, 2007
Yamahas are good, I have always preferred honda but that is just my perference. As far as getting a 125 2-stroke, I would stay with the 250r personally. With a little time and more practice you should be able to do anything on it as a 125. By that is just my opinion

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I don't think you will be imoressed with the weight difference, and I'm certain you will be very dissappointed in the bottom end of a 125. If it were me, I would stick with the 250. If you couldn't make it up a hill on a 250f, you won't make it on a 125. I find my crf to be very maneuverable the only thing I dont really like is it can SOMETIMES be a *&^%$# to get started if you stall it. I attribute that to my rush to get going, and the improper technique used in a hurry.

joey450

Jul 14, 2007
i agree with u joe. i have a 450r and if i stall it when i am already tired it is usually over for me. I am prepared to get lapped.

Top Bottom