This cant be good??Coolant draining out of overflow tube...

toddmh

May 1, 2004
I was warming my yz250f up for a oil change( just bought it 2002)It was running for about 10 minutes and I noticed green fluid on the ground under the bike.So I took off my skid plate and seen it coming out of a clear tube neer the front of the bike..I am new to dirt biking,but I figure this cant be good..Anyone know what the problem can be??And how I can fix it..I can hear the antifreeze boiling in the radiator..Glad I changed the oil,the orignal owner left me with some black oil in that thing,fist oil change for me ever :thumb: That went well,I think I might have over filled it a little though :ohmy: The new oil level is at the top part of where you want the oil to be.The manual says fill it in the middle.Hope that is not so bad??Well any ideas on that coolant thing let me know thanks...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Leaving a 4 stroke running for 10 minutes (sitting still) will cause a LOT of heat, the coolent will overflow. It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to heat the oil enough for an oil change.

Next time you run it for 2-3 minutes on a stand, do it at night. You'll be back here with "My pipe is glowing bright red!!!, Help!!". It's normal.

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
The radiators require air flow moving across the coils to transfer the heat. Don't feel to bad, I have shut down several idling 250/450F's from unawares owners......:)

Top Bottom