Sand_man

Jun 30, 2006
this is the last time im making a thread about this question b4 i take it to get profesionally fixed, wich i dun wanna do cuz its like 80 and hr. Anyway more clutch problmes, i have NEW clutch plates, all of them inserted in the right way. and im using heavy duty springs. bought new clutch cable, stock oem. so i really dont know y i cant figure this out. basicly i took off the clutch cable and had my dad start it up. Then i took a wrench and i pulled the release arm forward until my dad could put it in gear w/o stalling. The distance from where it is disengaged to where it it is engaged is about an inch pull. i then put bak on the cable and i try it out ajusting it to how i have done it w/ the wrench, and it stalled riht away. So i pulled in the lever, with the cable still attached, and have my dad use the wrench to pull even more forward when the pull was already compleate to see how much further it needed to go, also the bike was off. i put the bike in gear, and i rolled it back and fourth, while he was moving the wrench to push the release arm forward, it was about 4 in to get it to be able to roll in nutral when i pulled in the clutch when in gear? WTF? y is that when i did it w/o the cable it was only and inch????? im really confused, ive been trying to figure this out for 2 months now.

02rm250

Uhhh...
Sep 25, 2006
My wont roll at all when in gear/engine off/clutch in. Dont think it is supposed to. Works fine when running. Im assuming yours doesnt work when running?

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
Couple of things , ANY grooves in the inner clutch basket will cause this or the outer basket . Also yamaha has had a tendancy to use a clutch perch and lever with a short throw on it . I have seen an OEM Honda lever and perch fix this problem in the past . The Honda assembly has a longer throw and pulls the clutch further apart.

Sand_man

Jun 30, 2006
thats what im using, is a honda lever, and perch. it does seem to pull alot further, but, i just got a new pressure plate also, and ive inspected the clutch basket, both are perfecly fine

Top Bottom