This PISSED me off!!!

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
I saw this on one of the forums I frequent.I read it and was not going to say anything but the more it sat the more it bothered me.(Pissed me off!!!) It was one of those " I can't let this go by and say nothing" moments.I hope I did right by calling this guy out. His terminology was "Home Depot imbecile" discount and "Sears imbecile discount".

Originally Posted by Barometer View Post
I was buying fencing for my back yard, and the kid assigned to that area knew absolutely nothing about fencing, gardens, or anything for that matter. As I said, that pisses me off. Anyway, the metal posts were wrapped in tape in groups of six. Each post clearly had a price tag on it. I bought something like 42 of the posts. The 16-year old wands one of the posts, counts the number of bundles, multiplies the single price by seven, and gives me a total. I was ready to spend over $200, and the total only came to something like $40. I was going to be a nice guy but hey, I knew my dept. when I was his age, and if he didn't know the difference between a $200 sale and a $40 sale, so be it. So, I paid and left, smiling all the way. I saved over $150.

I actually have a "Sears Imbecile Discount" story, too. A while back, a friend of mine broke his Craftsman 1" drive torque wrench, a real monster, which at the time retailed for about $600. He brought it back to Sears, and the 16-year old high school girl gladly gave him a free replacement. As he was walking away, she said, "Sir, do you want your old one back?" He smiled slyly, said "How stupid of me, thank you," took it back, then went to the Sears in the next town and turned it in again for a second replacement. Classic.

My integrity would not allow me to do that.And there are all kinds of justifications none of which can compete with moral soundness.If you can sleep good at night you scare me.Calling a young kid who is naive and trying to show an act of kindness by giving back the torque an imbecile is reproachable.You gave this young kid good reason to be cynical of humanity.Hopefully there was an older MAN who schooled him or her that there are people out there who will take from you any way they can and smile while they do it but you young kid can live life in a higher plane.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
IMO, the guy is just a thief. He may not have purposely stolen property but he knew that he did. Probably a telemarketer. What goes around comes around and one day....

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Amen...

I will always try to do the right thing in that situation, cause Karma is a bitch and I don't need an extra bad Karma.

Now, if I point out the problem and the person insists that they are correct, so be it, I tried. It usually doesn't happen that way though. Generally if you show them the error they are making, they are thankful and accept the correction. I wonder how many young people have lost their jobs due to a simple error like that that could have been prevented if the person they were dealing with had been honest.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Isn't this called conversion, and illegal? Or am I just ignorant? Might as well take money out of the church plate, and rob the red kettles at Christmas? Menards USED to sell dewalt tools, they took back tools with issues unquestioned, not anymore. Now look at the bigger picture, is it just "blue collar" people who do this? What if?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
What an arse! No way I could do that let alone feel all smug about it. Those are two people that I for sure would not want to be associated with on any level. Bottom feeding scum that are no better than the people that rip off radios out of cars or accept giant Wall Street paydays for driving the economy in to the ground.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Patman said:
What an arse! No way I could do that let alone feel all smug about it. Those are two people that I for sure would not want to be associated with on any level. Bottom feeding scum that are no better than the people that rip off radios out of cars or accept giant Wall Street paydays for driving the economy in to the ground.

329233568_qqVw8-M.gif

It makes the rest of us just have to pay more

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Relax boys, remember what goes around comes around.

Case in point:

My sister had one of her dogs get loose and was lost for two weeks. She ran ads in the local papers, and several people had called her with sightings. But every time my sister would arrive at the scene, the dog was nowhere to be found. One good samaritan, upon spotting the dog, went and bought a pack of hotdogs and tried to lure the animal so she could hold her for my sister. The dog, a very standoffish Spitz was not impressed.

Needless to say my sis and her family were distraught. Her and her family prayed much for the safe return of their smallest family member.

After almost three weeks my sister went to the bank to cash her husbands paycheck. After she got out to her car and recounted the cash, she discovered the teller had given her $100.00 to much. She quickly went back inside to the teller and returned the extra cash. Needless to say the young lady behind the counter was extremely grateful. Surely that tellers' job was saved that day.

As my sister left the bank she thought to herself "Lord that should be worth one little dog." (make no mistake, dog or not, giving back the money was unquestionable) She left the bank to go home and sure enough no more than one mile from the bank there sat the smallest family member, on the side of a very busy road as though she was waiting for a bus. Needless to say it was a joyful reunion! :yeehaw:

Yea, what goes around comes around.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
ChopperDave said:
Relax boys, remember what goes around comes around.

Case in point:

My sister had one of her dogs get loose and was lost for two weeks. She ran ads in the local papers, and several people had called her with sightings. But every time my sister would arrive at the scene, the dog was nowhere to be found. One good samaritan, upon spotting the dog, went and bought a pack of hotdogs and tried to lure the animal so she could hold her for my sister. The dog, a very standoffish Spitz was not impressed.

Needless to say my sis and her family were distraught. Her and her family prayed much for the safe return of their smallest family member.

After almost three weeks my sister went to the bank to cash her husbands paycheck. After she got out to her car and recounted the cash, she discovered the teller had given her $100.00 to much. She quickly went back inside to the teller and returned the extra cash. Needless to say the young lady behind the counter was extremely grateful. Surely that tellers' job was saved that day.

As my sister left the bank she thought to herself "Lord that should be worth one little dog." (make no mistake, dog or not, giving back the money was unquestionable) She left the bank to go home and sure enough no more than one mile from the bank there sat the smallest family member, on the side of a very busy road as though she was waiting for a bus. Needless to say it was a joyful reunion! :yeehaw:

Yea, what goes around comes around.

COOL story!!! "that was worth one little dog" that little prayer made me smile! :nod:

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Honesty & Forthrightness Pays Big...

I was recently at H- depot, purchasing for a bathroom renovation, a quantity error was made that would have lowered the bill $700.
I pointed out the discrepancy & the cashier & manager were so thankful that now they hand out business cards for me to any one that mentions welding or fabrication needs. Service & advertising like that in my opinion is priceless. God bless all the honest people in the world.
With best regards, Porkchop ... ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Last time I went to Home Depot, I was getting ready to leave when two seriously good-looking 20-21 yr old girls come over to my rig as I was throwing the various nails, screws, and lumber I'd just bought into the back of the pickup. They both started wiping my windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It was impossible not to look. I thanked them and offered them a tip, but they said "No", and instead asked me for a ride to McDonald's.

I agreed and they got in to the back seat. On the way, they started undressing. Then one of them climbed over into the front seat and starts crawling all over me, while the other one surreptitiously stole my wallet.

I had my wallet stolen October 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, and again on the 17th, 20th, 24th &29th. Also November 1st & 4th. Twice on the 8th, two times yesterday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.

P.S. Wal*Mart has wallets on sale for 2.99.

Last edited:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
RYDMOTO said:
If you can sleep good at night you scare me.
:|
i wonder if this guy ever thought that the kid might have to pay the fence items with his own wage. who knows if this was the first day of his job? he might even have to left school to help his single mother, who had two jobs for years to give a resonable life to his kids and now, (for some reason i prefer not to write) could not work no more and the bank is threaten to take away their house.

i hope he see this thread and feel so bad that actually go back and return the STOLEN money.

Xrpredator, that was incredible fun. :cool:
if i was you, i wouldn´t put any money in the wallet and would hide it very well to get them take a long time to find it.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
XRpredator said:
Last time I went to Home Depot, I was getting ready to leave when two seriously good-looking 20-21 yr old girls come over to my rig as I was throwing the various nails, screws, and lumber I'd just bought into the back of the pickup. They both started wiping my windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It was impossible not to look. I thanked them and offered them a tip, but they said "No", and instead asked me for a ride to McDonald's.

I agreed and they got in to the back seat. On the way, they started undressing. Then one of them climbed over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one surreptitiously stole my wallet.

I had my wallet stolen October 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, and again on the 17th, 20th, 24th &29th. Also November 1st & 4th. Twice on the 8th, two times yesterday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.

P.S. Wal*Mart has wallets on sale for 2.99.

lol! :)

1SWEETYZ

Aug 18, 2009
Sorry but how stupid or mindless can you be to have your wallet stolen a million times!!!!!!! Maybe he should get a call girl or something if the sight of breasts make him lose his mind LMAO just my 2c

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
1SWEETYZ said:
Sorry but how stupid or mindless can you be to have your wallet stolen a million times!!!!!!! Maybe he should get a call girl or something if the sight of breasts make him lose his mind LMAO just my 2c

It was a joke. :coocoo: Jeeze! :whoa: :laugh: :rotfl:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
1SWEETYZ said:
I guess you'd have to really know 'Pred.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom