Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Lookit what happened to my bike yesterday:

Looks like I may not be riding anywhere this weekend.

Attachments

• cracked pc pipe 4.jpg
    cracked pc pipe 4.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 854
Last edited:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Wow, that is one toasted pipe!

Uh, Papakeith, I see no less than 4 bikes listed in your signature. You trying to tell me that NONE of them will be rideable for the weekend?? ;)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Keith, you're just full of excuses aren't you. I'd gladly trade places with you seeing as how I'll be on a plane to Egypt Saturday night.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
1998- ummm you see the condition of the pipe. :(
1987- frame in one corner of the shed wheels in another spot, engine split open.
1984- I suppose I could ride this one. But I've been spoiled by the new fangled ride it and it'll blow apart technology. :confused:
1980- At my nephews house with blown fork seals, bent bars, and a cracked front rim. (he owes me big time)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Provided all my paperwork is in order, I fly out Saturday night and return Thursday. According to BRush, don't talk about politics, religion or Israel.

I'm no Nancy when it comes to International travel. ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Keith,
That pipe looks terrible. I bet duct tape could fix it up in a jiffy ;)
Do you think it may have had gas setting it it that ignited? I've seen flames shoot out the silencer before because of gas in the pipe but I've never seen one like yours.

Bill,
Good luck in Egypt. Just don't act like yourself and you should be fine :p

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
and, leave the zip tyes at home! I hear they don't take kindly to that kind of humor over there. ;)

All kidding aside, have a safe trip. Be careful.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Woods I don't envy that trip! I too spent many years doing that international thing...it can eat up up if your not careful...and they are right about what to chat about and what not too!

Papakeith, thats a mess. A good weld shop can put it back together for a whiles but my bet is the vibration has toasted it. Pipes are easy to get. Bet that '84 is still fun. I know my 82' gets the call frequently. Life is still good.

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Thanks guys, you too Nancy... er, RM_guy. :confused:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Yikes. Take care on your trip, Bill. Hope you have a good local contact in Egypt, that should smooth things out a bit.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
JEEEZ man!!!

There are many things in this world that I have never seen-- That is one of them
Jeez Papakeith..that is the strangest thing ever!!!!

With regard to getting the pipe welded, wouldnt it just be easier to get a new pipe?? Just a suggestion. You can probably get one shipped for early next week.

Check out www.DBSracing.com They are here in Connecticut and claim to have a one day shipping for people in the Northeast!!!

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Originally posted by WoodsRider
I'm no Nancy when it comes to International travel. ;)

Just tell them you ride a Gas-Gas, and they wont keep you there for long! ;)

Seriously, good luck pal. Make sure to eat some cous-cous and lamb.

Racinante

Oct 3, 2001
Man, I would be afraid that's what my HEAD would look like if I had a CR500! Not from a tree or anything, but from my jaw dropping off! Guess I better stick to my 250.

sharp7277

Mar 12, 2002
If that pipe is from your CR 500 and its a Pro circuit or FMF (which I have) then they always split there unless it was made with th new reinforced piece. I just got a brand new pipe from FMF cause my pipe split almost the same way and they replaced it with the new kind that has a piece that was welded in that spot to reinforce it.

Top Bottom