Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
nema race on saturday at southwick went great....holeshotted the first race but faded to 8th were i remained until i was taken out by a lapped rider who didnt know his head from his foot....broke th eair box into two pieces with a huge hole for all the sand to go straight to the filter...destroyed the pipe and the silencer...got the bike ujpa nadstarted in 25th made my way back up to 18th but had large amounts of dirt in my goggles and it would bounce around every time i hit a bump....didnt qualify because the cut off was 15 so i was in the lcq..put the bike back together and went out to the gate..got a horrible gate pick and still made it to the croner in the top five...got t-boned in the corner by a guy trying to go from the inside to the outside and totally disreguarding the fact that there were 41 other riders on the track infront of him.....oh and from the earlier crash i hurt my thumb really bad...thought it was just a sprian so i wentback out and raced even tho it was so swollen that i was barely able to get my gloves on...i made my way from 30th.. my start position after the tangle in the corner...to 11th a qualifying postion!!! but between my thumb and my broken bike i decided to pack up and go home...it was a no points race so it didnt matter that much...any way i got home slept for like 10 hrs and then decided to go to hte hospital where they x-rayed it and told me that i broke my knuckle and a piece of the break rotated..causing me to prolly need surgery to fix it...THEY say no riding for 4-6 weeks..i said i am supposed to practice with papa keith and the guy i bought my bike from at rocky hill this saturday...we'll see what they do..if its in a cast ill be there.. if not then i dunno..these braces are good for crap....ill keep you all posted on the progress of the situation. :aj:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Yikes! maybe I should stay in the woods.
That sounds like a riding day from hades.
i said i am supposed to practice with papa keith and the guy i bought my bike from at rocky hill this saturday...
LOL, Pit Monkey, don't worry about Rocky Hill, the track will still be there when you are all healed up.
Do what the Docs say. Remember, those parts have to last you a lifetime.

Last edited:

Top Bottom