Dakota Kid

Jun 3, 2006
Hi Guys! I just wanted to let everyone know I have really enjoyed reading this forum and getting all of the information that can be gleaned from it. I am getting older (44) and got back into riding last year. Started out with 2 Yamaha TTR 250's last year. One for me and one for anyone of my friends who wants to ride with me. Decided to try out a 2002 KDX 200 I found last spring. WOW!!! Great to be on a two stroke again after growing up on old Elsinores and Yamaha DT's. Found a second 2002 KDX 220 at a local dealer as a carry over. Needless to say, TTR's are for sale!

I have become a huge KDX fan and with them no longer listed on the Kawasaki website, I may have to start filling my garage with these so I have one for years to come! Mine are both stock and I think they are great this way. So far, I have nothing bad to say about the bike, great in the woods, love the styling, fan for life. It is great having a website with guys that have same enthusiasm for KDX's and riding that I do. My 7 yr old has a TTR 50 but he will be moving to a green one when he outgrows it. His dad will have several in the garge for years to come!!!!!

Thanks!

2veedubs

Jun 4, 2006
Hey DK,

Yeah this site is great, Are you really a Dakota Kid? And if so which Dakota ( N or S)and where do you ride. My family is planning on hitting the Black Hills in July.

Take Care

Dakota Kid

Jun 3, 2006
I live in ND. Close to the Minnesota Border. I do a lot of riding in the northern MN area right now. I do sales so I travel the Dakota's a lot. I have been to the Black Hills and Sturgis area but never wth my bike. I have talked to several down there and they say the riding is great. I plan on bringing my bike next time down there. The riding in Northern Minnesota is excellent, tons of trails! Do you know of any other good spots to ride?

DK

2veedubs

Jun 4, 2006
I live in SE Wisconsin now, but grew up in Spearfish S.D. with the Black Hills out my backdoor. The riding is very good there with lots of fire roads and logging roads. You can get a forrest service map of the whole area. SE Wisconsin is not a hot bed of offroad activity, Northern Wisconsin is good. My personal favorite is Michigans Upper Peninsula. Michigan is super offroad friendly, with tons of trails.

Take Care

markmad

May 20, 2006
Bought my 2006 this passed Sat ,in some ways it pays to live in a 3rd world country i guess as you can still get them new.LOL
Found the site to awesome and informative especially after been out biking for about 10 years.

Top Bottom