This weekend is beautiful in TX

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I sincerely hope SOMEONE had fun and rode today. It was beautiful and I was stuck inside wrapping up a project ....
YUCK! :whiner: Darn the luck. My bike is collecting dust!

It is a shame when work gets in front of fun! I need to get my priorities straight.

I can't wait till DW02!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
I need to get my priorities straight.

i had mine straight, then i broke my leg. now i get to hear all the griping from my wife. for some strange reason, she thinks the house should come first. :eek:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Griping .... Jeeze, that's why G** gave us garages! Right now there are only two pieces of trim missing on my house, and the fence btwn me and the neighbors needs fixing.
What I really hate is the how I never catch up. I changed the oil in my lawnmower last week and it started sucking gas. Why, I don't know. Then I cleaned the air cleaner and the d*** thing died like it wasn't getting gas. I gave up and took it to the shop, came back and worked on my scooter .... :)
The yard will wait. :debil:
I am ready to let the cobwebs out ...
I'm downloading the Cooperland video to make me feel better !?

Last edited:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Beautiful? Not so sure. It was sunny and just about 100 degrees here (nice in the morning). Got in from out of town last night and preped the bike. Woke up at 5:30 A.M. to get to the spot. Woke up my riding buds (they camped there) and took off. Rode hard till about Noon. Hell of a ride, but it was hot. Realy hot. After wrestling my buddies WR426 off a energy draining hill it was just to hot to ride on so we hit the dirt roads back to camp (5th gear realy cools you off). I mowed the lawn before it got dark so it would be cool. Projects all tomorrow. I have many stacked up. Its a never ending list of stuff to do so I just have to make time to ride. It was three weeks for me so I just had to go this weekend.

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Danman - Yeah, hot can be a problem. I only wish I could find time to get out and enjoy my bike. :whiner: I am on the road every week. Breckenridge, Temple, Eldorado and then Fort Stockton through the 8th. That burns next weekend ... :think: I would drag my bike out there, but then I would lie awake all night listening for the sounds of someone trying to steal it.
I am (hopefully) going to the National Forest in New Waverly on the 10th/11th.
I never thought I would spend ALL my time working when I went into business for myself. Oh well, things usually slow in the fall and winter and that is the best time to ride in Texas.
Won't need as much ice for the Shiner then either. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Tony, there's plenty of DRN's all over. Maybe post about hooking up with some during your weekly travels. That way I'm sure you could find a safe garage or even a spare bike for the day.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Patman - Good call ... as a newbie I'm still figuring DRN out! I expect to learn a lot at DW02. ;)

Honda26

Mar 17, 2002
it was really nice today at splenora.. cloud cover.. trees everywhere rained that night wind was blowing easy not whipping around like it usually does.. and the track was friggin perfect.. to bad im slow:(

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
It was VERY HOT and VERY DUSTY at Forrest Hill this weekend, but I still had a blast :)

Saturday, to beat the heat we rode at 4:30 PM, way fewer riders, in fact we only encountered a small handful in 25 miles of woods. This morning we rode all day from 9:00 - 3:00 and it was so dusty and hot! We had two other riders join in, and me always bringing up the rear, I'm eating everyone's dust :ugg: Still, I had a great ride, finally figured out how to do some small jumps, rode more miles in a single day than I ever have before. Its all good.

To Tony Eeds point, at least I was out riding :aj: Some people were not so lucky.

Top Bottom