eldrm

~SPONSOR~
Nov 3, 2000
now that the dam is closed for "security reasons"does anyone in the ct. area know of any other places to ride? my son is tearing up the lawn these last few weeks,we've got to get him out on the trail soon! thanks for any ideas-

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Bummer

Thats a MAJOR bummer. I wanted to get up there before they shut it down for the winter.:(

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
In CT there is not "Legal" riding area other then Thomaston Dam for young kids. There are however a few NETRA member trying to change this. With an ATV plate you can ride in designated State Forest in MA.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
You can ride a Milford Riders club. If you want to join(it is a very good track) and want details post and I will reply. Ct river MX is also a place to ride but it is closing permanently.

Mar 31, 2000
Not sure of your intentions, but I ride Ma. state forests frequently ( Due to the closing of popular riding areas around Ma.- Thanks to the "ATV Task Force" ) 5 of these state forests are in the Berkshires. If your looking for MX type riding than don't waste your time, IT's mostly hardcore rock terrain that is no place for beginners or to teach a youngster how to ride. It's all enduro type trails, no sandpits, no jumps, tons of rock, roots, mud and hills that are dangerous to an unskilled rider.Luckily I enjoy both MX and Enduro terrain so it gives me a place to ride without being harassed. If your worried about fitting in with the locals than don't show up unless you have a KTM or a four wheel drive quad. I get alot of funny looks when I fire up the 'ol KX500.
Funny, I was planning to search out Conn. for some new areas to ride...Guess not huh... Here is a site to help you locate them.

http://www.motonetmag.com/motonet/PlacesToRide/mass.html

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom