jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Well, I finally scraped enough money together to get me some knee guards and after searching the mags and catalogues, I settled on these......appear to offer the best protection and operate similar to knee braces (which I'll NEVER be able to afford!). I decided to order them through MXSouth since they are closest to me and I didn't want to wait a week and half (Murphy's law says that if you order riding protection you are GUARANTEED to injure the part of your anatomy the gear is designed to protect if you ride without said gear, ie it's still in transit). Unfortunately, Thor makes two sizes of the guards S/M and L/XL. Well, I'm a pretty average joe (although my wife thinks I have chicken legs) so I opted for the S/M and sent some measurements of my legs (calf and thigh) along with my order in case they had some type of sizing chart. I got a call from Jeff at MXSouth on Tuesday (ordered the guards on Saturday) and he informed me that after measuring a couple of his employee's legs and having them try them on he thinks the L/XL would be the proper size for me....I agreed and received them today (Friday).
Oh my gosh! These things are awesome! Protection from mid thigh all the way to mid calf and nearly all the way around! My knees are my biggest worry when riding...be it twisting one (which these guards won't prevent), smashing it into a tree or rock, or whatever. I think these things will protect me from just about anything!
My only complaint is that they are really bulky, but what do you expect for so much protection? My Thor and Fox pants both have baggy knees to accomodate this type of protection! They also have a removable liner so you can wash the stink out of them after riding!
Needless to say I'm impressed, Jeff got them to me in 3 days (after calling to ensure his recommendation was OK with me) and even hooked me up with the cost! And the protection they afford is top notch! Fit/comfort is awesome as well! :aj:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I got a call from Jeff at MXSouth on Tuesday (ordered the guards on Saturday) and he informed me that after measuring a couple of his employee's legs and having them try them on he thinks the L/XL would be the proper size for me....I agreed and received them today (Friday).
And some say customer service is dead. Jeff rocks.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
And some say customer service is dead. Jeff rocks.

I've been meaning to post this too. I ordered something from MXSouth last week. I talked to someone other than Jeff, but when I told him that I knew Jeff, that I had ordered there before, and that I appreciated his support of DRN, I got the hookup on cost too. My stuff was in my office when I returned from a Biz trip and my invoice had the "DRN" discount marked on there.

Thanks Jeff.

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
last summer i banged my knee on a rock... it was smarts for about a week. i tried on a pair of force guards but didn't buy on the spot. went in a week later to pick them up and got hosed, they sold them. i ended up with fox raptors... they do not even compare, less coverage and cheap feeling..

aus426

Mar 7, 2004
I gotta throw in my 2c for these things too, so comfortable, awesome protection, and they make this cool clicking sound when you walk :)

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
I've got some of them too. I agree that they are a little bulky at first but it is easy to get used to. Gives great protection coverage and are comfortable too.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I really like mine too. I had to buy some knee brace liners so they didn't rub my legs raw though. Definetly lots of protection.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Take them with you when you buy new boots. I bought some new boots and they would not work. To bulky around the calves. My other grip was that they dug into my shin. I would realy like to try a the small size. I ordered the AXO ones that bend at the knees, but they are not near as padded or vented. The force guards were very cool in the summer.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I got the large ones at first but they were just a litle bit too large, would not fit in my pants and would not fit in my boots either. I got fox 360* pants (32) and the fox forma comp boots (9). I brought the knee guards back to the dealer and exchanged them for the small version. Now at least it fits but I think it is a tiny bit on the small side. I wish they made a size right between what is available now. My knees are 4 1/8 inches wide. I find them very comfortable and have had no problems whatsoever with it rubbing anywhere. If it can help anyone...

vic580

May 9, 2002
I bought them when they came out and love them.They take a little getting used to but then you feel naked without them. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom