drgsin

Feb 23, 2003
I think its called a pressure suit. Its an undergarment with all the pads, ie... shoulder, chest, back, elbows, etc...You wear it like a shirt and I believe its meant to replace a chest protector. Has anyone heard or used one of these? How comfortable is it? Does it offer good protection? Is it easy to put on/take off, especially after being sweaty? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
European racers wear these a lot. My friend has ridden with them for about one year. He gets sweaty in it. They favor taller and skinny framed people. I don't like the shoulder/collar bone protection on most brands. Buy one and try it but make sure you can return it if you don't like it.
Some offer more protection than others. I could do with more chest area protection on most brands. Most are fine to take on and off.

elf

Jun 7, 2003
I have one of those. Different brand though. Called a neimisus I think. Also six six one makes them. I like mine alot. you can take it off and put it on real fast. The only thing you need to do is get the next size larger jersy as the one you wear now will be to tight. Although they dont have what I would call the best shoulder protection or in the chest area the back protection is very good. I thought they would be too hot for warm days but as long as you have a vented jersy and keep moving there not too hot. I fell of my bike last summer and landed on my back pretty hard I even knocked myself out. But not one scratch or bruise on my back.

Nathan Mark

Oct 1, 2002
I've got a 2003 661 pressure suit (they change them a little every year). I have crashed hard from every concievable angle and find the protection to be superior to traditional chest protectors.
The shoulder protection on the pressure suit is the reason I purchased it, it protects the side of the shoulder more than the top. I hurt my shoulder quite badly some time ago, while wearing a thor force, from a side impact.
After watching some of the dirt sampling I've walked away from without injury quite a few of my riding buddies are now sporting pressure suits at the track.
It is hot though.

Top Bottom