Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
I currently have a Thor Aftershock chest protector and Im looking to move to an under the jersey chest protector.
Ive always been pleased with Thor's products, so I want to stick with them.
What are the pros and cons of the Sentinel? If you wear it under the jersey do you need to wear a shirt under it or can you just wear it right against your skin (basically does it chaif your skin if you dont wear a shirt under it)?
I like my Aftershock, but its kind of bulky for MX racing and I like the clean look of an under the jersey chest protector. Ive also considering getting a Thor Impact Rig. It looks like it would offer really good protection, but it looks like it would be REALLY hot on warm days.
Thanks... :cool:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
for stuff that rubs against skin, i use under armour. it's tight spandex, but it absorbs the sweat and cools your body down. i use it for hockey and i love it.

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
elliot67 said:
for stuff that rubs against skin, i use under armour. it's tight spandex, but it absorbs the sweat and cools your body down. i use it for hockey and i love it.
that stuff makes me itchy

jrm

Apr 30, 2002
I've been using a Sentinel for a few months. It doesn't chafe and is otherwise pretty comfortable. Seems to offer good protection. However, they don't seem designed for larger people. I'm not exactly beefy (about 175 lbs) and it fits me OK, but if were much bigger, it'd be really tight.

JohnRaven.exe

Jun 5, 2006
If I were to get one, I'd get the Thor Impact Rig. Its the one I've been looking at for awhile, and it seems to offer good protection and at a good price too!

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
How much protection does the Impact Rig really offer? Im now leaning towards a Tek Vest because it offers a lot more impact absorbtion than does a roost guard.
IMO, roost guards are designed to protect you from roost and do next to nothing to prevent injury when you fall.
I like the Tek Vest because it abosorbs 8x the force that the roost guard absorbs. I like the Impact Rig (and it costs about half as much as a Tek Vest), but I wonder how much it will really prevent injury in a crash.

mxenderle702

Dec 4, 2006
In my opinion the under chest protector sucked. I felt everything, I used Justin Starlings Thor Quadrant. That thing is stylish, comfortable, and protects better than any under chest protector i've worn.

Top Bottom