Those darn Resonater mufflers.

Feb 25, 2001
Im not sure if that is what you call em...but they put them on mostly Honda's and other import cars...some are called Monza mufflers and so on...sounds like crap...looks like crap and defenetly they are the most annoying sound on earth why do these kids put them on there cars/trucks ? what on earth would make them like that screaming sound. It gives me a headache anybody else ?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
The more things change, the more they stay the same. I remember putting a Cherry Bomb muffler on my 1970 Buick LaSabre. I was pretty loud after all the packing blew out of it (about a hunert miles!). They usually heard my stereo first though, "Toys in the Attic" and "Hair of the Dog" at 130db!

I guess kids just wanna be heard. The fact that it annoys us must signify that we're getting old.

I doesn't bother me too much 'cause I don't hear so good anymore! :(

Feb 25, 2001
Hey im all for the flowmasters and cherry bombs...that kinda brings out the natural sound of a motor....its those darn resonater mufflers that make your import sound like you wound up a bumble bee then let him fly....whaayyyyyyyeeeeeeee

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by The Honda Pilot
Im not sure if that is what you call em...but they put them on mostly Honda's and other import cars...some are called Monza mufflers and so on...sounds like crap...looks like crap and defenetly they are the most annoying sound on earth why do these kids put them on there cars/trucks ?

AKA a "fart pipe". ;)

They drive me nuts as well. My favorite part is to watch the people who put them on their cars and now think it's a high performance racing machine. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you have to change more than a muffler in order for a motor to with stand 8k RPM over a long period of time. :)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by The Honda Pilot
Im not sure if that is what you call em...but they put them on mostly Honda's and other import cars...some are called Monza mufflers and so on...sounds like crap...looks like crap and defenetly they are the most annoying sound on earth why do these kids put them on there cars/trucks ? what on earth would make them like that screaming sound. It gives me a headache anybody else ?

Then you are gonna love this :p:
http://www.beaterz.com/reviews/0300/p49_mega_pipe/mega_pipe_back.jpg

I am totally with you. I call them "fart pipes". I detest them and the posuer racer image that these Honda punks portray.

-jeffd

Top Bottom