jaytreeski

Sep 13, 2001
I saw a post at one point about people who buy new bikes every year and I cant seem to find it now. Anyways, I was wondering if those that buy new every year trade in or sell their bikes on their own. I imagine that you would get more for a private sale of the bike rather than trade in. Perhaps ill go to my dealer this weekend and see what they have to offer.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I wish that I could afford to do it. Mine runs and its paid for. If I was competing I would think that it would be more of an advantage, but I just most trailride.

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Dealers have to make money on used bikes, so naturally they want your bike at a low trade- in value. It pays to sell your old bikes on your own. Buying them from private owners is better too. Who knows more about the bike than the real owner?

Gotta go prep my bike for my midnight ride now...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Up until this year, I did... the last one was the easiest, talk about resale, I sold the AF for pretty much what it cost, made getting the new bike easy. Alas, this year I'm keeping mine. Maybe when the 03's come out :)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
A friend of mine was sponsered by a local Honda dealer a few years back. They became good friends. Whenever the dealer wanted to go riding with my bud, he'd pull a couple of bikes off of the showroom. The next day they'd go back on the floor as demos.
The new bike every year thing just reminded me of this.

Top Bottom