Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
...my daughter (9) has decided that she wants to give the bike thing another shot. Last time she was 5 and crashed into a tree twice and that was it...4-wheelers only since then.
So, now she thinks she's ready again.
I sat her on a XR 70 and a Kawi 110...both fit pretty good, she can touch flat footed and was comfortable on both.
Depending on what I can find...one better suited than the other?
Anyone have one we could try/buy?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I think you'd be good with either one. My boy had a TTR90 (I guess they're a 110 now) and it was quite the confidence builder. If I had to choose, even though I like the idea of a Honda just because it's a Honda, I'd probably go with the KLX because it's probably a little bigger, and it seems to have a plethora of hopup parts for when she gets better.

Plus, it's a little bigger if she decides to give it up again and you got yourself a playbike!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
KLX110 was rock solid for my youngest. He's moving on to a KLX125L for Christmas. Like most little 4 bangers.... they all just last and last.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I have a XR100 that is taking up space. Would you be interested ????????

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I will take a measurement tonight and email you.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
XR100 would be way too big for a confidence builder unless the kid was one of Pred's. I put my son on a XR80 when he was 8 or 9 and it was too big but he was already well in to the ride it worry about falling over later stage. I'd see what the best deal turns up and go with that color bike.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Wolfy, the main reason why my daughter lost interest in riding was an "almost" episode with the lake.

ON HER BIKE !!!!! :yikes:

Top Bottom