TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Quote from http://www.fullnoise.com.au/ (Tuesday, 11th November, 2003)

Supercross showdown begins in Spain Dec-6

Amazingly Ricky Carmichael is proabably going into this season as an underdog. Only time will tell. Photo: Honda

A showdown between the top guns of World Supercross is slated to begin in Seville, Spain on Dec-6 with the official announcement that both Chad Reed and Ricky Carmichael have entered the first round of the THQ World Supercross Championship.
Team Honda's Ricky Carmichael, the winner of the last three consecutive 250cc AMA Supercross Series championships commented on the announcement "After my experience at the (Motocross) des Nations this year I'm looking forward to racing in front of the European fans again," "I look forward to racing Chad Reed for the World Championship."

Yamaha's Chad Reed, who was a rookie in the 250cc class last year, earned his first-ever world supercross championship by winning nine main events en route to the 2003-2004 THQ World Supercross GP title. Originally from Australia, Reed won the championship over Heath Voss by 135 points. In the 250cc AMA Supercross Series, Reed finished second to Carmichael by a mere seven points after winning the last six events of the season.

"The THQ World Supercross GP is gaining more momentum, and I am very excited to be a part of it once again this year," said Reed. "I'm really excited about racing there this year because (Ricky) Carmichael is going to be there. If I am going to race, I want to race the best. These races are important to the rest of our season because they give us a building block." Reed continued.

Top Bottom