Threats to riders during a race

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
I just wanted to vent my farking frustration at those who threaten other riders. I went and raced a hare scramble in Inwood, WV. this weekend. I was racing in the C class and was the third row to start the race. After the start, it was the first or second lap when a rider came up from behind and started yelling at me to move aside. The only problem was that there was no where for me to go. This hot head kept yelling and reving his motor and for a while I was going to let him pass as soon as I could. After going along and looking for a place to pull over I found none. I know that he was aggravated, but I had no where to go. Right before I had a chance to pull over and let him pass, he threatened to wreck me. I for one started to yell back at him and challange him. I began to get really angry and wanted to take him out. I don't take kindly to threats. My girlfriend saw the same guy push some guy down a hill probably for the same reason. People like this has no business racing. I know that he was an A class racer who thought he was a hot shot, but in my mind he was an idiot! Racing is supposed to be fun, but people like this ruin it. The next time this happens, I will take evasive action to ruin his day if I'm threatened or wrecked ie: stick in spokes etc. My girlfriend would have done this if I had only remembered his number and bike he was riding. So let this be a warning to those who threaten or try to wreck others for their own personal gains.
:p

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Hopefuly he will get tranfered & learn how the "A" & fast "B" riders deal with that stuff :p

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I believe we refer to that as "parkin' the F#*!****". Humility sometimes comes with a price. That guy's price tag is way high.:p

Last edited by a moderator:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Can you say, "ROOST"?

That guy will get some bark one day, meanwhile, loose traction, frequently. If he is THAT fast, see how many trees he can miss if he can't see!

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
ah yes, the never-ending struggle between passer & passee--it's like the road runner & wile e. coyote, isn't it?

let's see if i have it straight: a faster rider catches you from behind & revs & yells for you to move over, & you don't do so, & he keeps yelling & you get offended, so you intentionally block the guy for a while & holler back, & your feelings get hurt, so you are going to have your girlfriend jam a stick in the man's spokes for you? really?

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
just the facts

My whole issue with this is that there was no where, but pricker bushes and saplings and also very narrow single track. I had no place to get over. I didn't want to block him, but I did and he could not take it, that is why I had no choice. As far as the stick in the spoke, that was only said after I told my girlfriend and she said that she saw a gut get pushed down a hill by the same person who pulled that @#$ with me. This was a good day for me unitil this happened.

00 KDX 200
Procircuit pipe and silencer
AMA
GNCC

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
Ditto what the Lawman said. You should have gotten out of the way and been done with him. Not that he was right to curse you or threaten you.

Rockrider300

Uhhh...
Sep 4, 2001
But still they do not have to act like they are all that. You to are trying to win a race and those seconds you take to move over might cost you the race. If he really wanted to go by then he would have when theough the bushes. Because you can go a few feet off the track in a HS. Just like in a motocross race you do not move over for the person in second place if you are in first place just because they are yelling at you. I know it is best to move over but if you have to get hurt to help them it is not worth it.

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
This thread reminded me of two quotes.

First came from my grandfather who told me one day that he hated it when people honked their horns at him when he drove in the fast lane. After all he was going 55 which is the speed limit.

Second from George Carlin. Did you ever notice how everyone in front of you is a moron and everyone behind you is a lunatic?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
If you rode D-14 enduros several years ago and drew minute 10-20, you were going to get passed 3 or 4 times during the day by Randt and Fredette. I am here to tell ya, they always found a way around you and were always polite. Fact of life, getting past slower riders is part of the challenge just like dealing with lapped traffic during a stock car race. If the guy was truly fast, he would have found a safe way to pass you without resorting to yelling.

When the rare event occured that I needed to pass someone, I found that a simple "yeehaw" usually did the trick. If not, then a loud high pitched scream usually had them pulling over to check their underwear or to keep from falling over laughing. Worked every time! :p

FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
Badgerman, nice post;) .
We have the same problem here, not the threatening, but B and A class riders in C class. They probobly have more trophys then they can count but they ruin it for everyone else. There is one A rider, who rides 125c class, but its on a tt-r125,he probobly wants to have fun realizing hes not going to make a living at it. He comes in midpack usually, but has a few trophys.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Amen brother Badgerman!

The AA's come up and get by without much trouble at all-that is what makes em' AA's. I usually hold my line, because they have usually already figured out a way by. If not, I listen for the whistle or friendly hoot and pull to the right-WHEN THE TRAIL PERMITS.

This does NOT mean when Johnny C rider who-is-ridin'way-over-his-head-who-acts-like-a-complete-goon comes up should we harass him, but go ahead and let them by. It is much more enjoyable to watch Johnny C wad it up and then pass him back as he lies in a trailside fetal position-yeah that's good stuff!

:p

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Dang Wade, remind me to follow the next time we ride, I don't want to be the one getting "parked"!LOL A race I entered back in April, the AA pro that lapped me came up and hollered once, I moved, he flew by nearly sucking the plastic right off of my bike. For me, the panic rev works fairly well, a 426 bouncin' off of the rev limiter will wake you up quickly. Be as nice to others as you would want to be treated, have fun, thank riders and move on.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
You know me Jason, I'm just a happy guy on the trail-I wave when let by and all of that good stuff.
I couldn't park you man, who would I have to split gas money with LOL? No just kidding, besides you ought to be up there anyway in the A or B class fending off pesky Johnny C or sandbaggers. I'm tellin you, it is awful fun to let em' by, only to pass em over and over and over...

Top Bottom