deagle

May 21, 2001
This could probably go in a few different forums, But I wanted to catch the eye of KLX riders who may have dealt with this.

I am getting ready to put on a 36mm Mikuni pumper carb on my 2001 KLX 300. Stroker sent a set of Motion Pro cables but no actual throttle. Is it advisable, or even possible, to put a quicker, quarter throttle assembly on the bike? I have always ridden two strokes until now and don't know if the quicker throttle is something you would want on a thumper. I banged up my right wrist a while back and a shorter turn would help. If that's the only benefit and there are drawbacks, then I would just as well stick to what I currently have.

Any advice would be welcome. I am also going to call Stroker and Motion Pro today. Thanks

sparkymarky

Feb 21, 2001
yes, you want the quicker turn throttle. i thought it was supposed to come with the mikuni pumpers from stroker. i got a 33mm mikuni from them a couple weeks ago, and it came with throttle and cable. i like it alot.
mw

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
all you get with the 36mm is the throttle cables. They work with the stock throttle assembly. I never felt the need for a quicker throttle on any of my 3 KLX's and I have run every carb you can put on one. I talked to motionpro last year about a quick turn throttle, and they wanted to build me a custom throttle assembly for big buck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom