Thumbs up for Throttle Jockey

B

biglou

Just wanted to give a shout out for the folks over at Throttle Jockey. A brief history, I ordered the woody graphics and some pre-cut backgrounds for "Little Ricky", my 2001 XR50, about three months ago, and I didn't do a very good job of getting them applied. Plus, as anyone with a four stroke knows, the right side is always a bear because of the compound curves involved. The backgrounds were only $16, so I have ordered a new "rear clip" (rear fender and nuber plates are a one-piece item on the 2000-2003 fifties), and I had mentioned to the lady taking the order how mine were pealing up here and there. They got my order processed, and later that afternoon I got a call from Barry McManus who wanted to be sure I was applying them correctly. He was almost apologetic that I had flubbed my initial installation and wanted to be sure I was satisfied. I explained that my current plastic is pretty rough and it was also relatively cold when I applied the backgrounds, and all that had surely contributed to the poor installation job I did.

It goes a long way with me that a company would call to be sure I was informed and satisfied with a $16 item. Thanks Barry and Throttle Jockey. Thumbs up from Big Lou! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'll second that thumbs up. I ordered two pair of riding pants, and they didn't have pair in the color I ordered, so, instead of just sending one, they called my work phone and asked if I wanted a different color or style.

Thanks Throttlejockey!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I've had the chance to talk to the Throttle Jockey guys at a few trade shows. They are some of the nicest, most enthusiastic, customer oriented guys you'll ever meet. I always go out of my way to buy their products because it always feels right to support the good guys in this business.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Another thumbs up for T J from me. When I first bought my 99 I bought an extra set of plastic for it so I could save the OEM. It was a new body style that year and nobody had graffix in stock for it. I wanted to race the bike and did not want to waste the oem shrouds so I called Throttle Jockey and after explaining my situation the guy said they were back ordering everybody but he would see what he could come up with. I got a set of graffix next day UPS and was absolutely floored. I haven't bought anything but Throttle Jockey since. They are good people :thumb:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
MY Throttle Jockey experience was excellent as well! I ordered 2 pants and 2 jerseys from them. I exchanged email about 6 times because they didnt have the size in a particualr pant I wanted. They also called me to confirm that I was getting what I wanted. Theres a guy named Jason over there that goes above and beyond for the customer.

The only problem I had with them was that they never shipped my items. After a week, I called them to see what was going on. They admitted to dropping the ball, and gave me free NEXT DAY AIR SHIPPING to make up for it. :) They are hands down the best company I have used to order over the net. :thumb: to TJ!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by Milk
MY Throttle Jockey experience was excellent as well! I ordered 2 pants and 2 jerseys from them. I exchanged email about 6 times because they didnt have the size in a particualr pant I wanted...

Hey Hon,

Do you mean Throttlehead?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
DOH! Shut up Zio.....:moon:

OregonMagoo

Dec 23, 2000
Top quality products. Great customer service.I just wish they were making Gas Gas graphics again... I'd be the first in line.

Oregon Magoo
'99 Gas Gas EC 250

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Lou,

I am very glad you posted this as I made a post about a year back about my Woody graphics for my CR.

I had bought the kit used, that's right USED. And within a week woody was brown as could be. I sent an email off to Throttle Jockey asking them what I could clean them with (They suggested mothers aluminum cleaner) and then Barry McManus emailed me and sent me an entire new kit and apologized for the problem!!!

Throttle Jockey has provided me with the best service I have EVER had in the dirtbike industry, and probably even the best service out of any industry I have ever dealt with. :aj:

Throttle Jockey :thumb:

PS. Any when my new set came in I abused em, did everything I could to them and they still looked new when I sold my CR.

Top Bottom