Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
To LTM....
DW 01 is officially underway. Our invasion has begun!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Cool.

And I'm still packing and working on the bike. Hope my clutch parts show up tomorrow from FRP. Else I will have to run the week on the clutch that i've got left.

See you all there Wednesday night.:cool:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I should have been there too

According to my calculations, I would be pulling in about 1.5 ours after David. The problem is I had to cancel vacation plans to attend a school this week. Just found out Friday as a result of the recent tragedy the school has been cancelled. Word from the office is "why don't you go ahead with your vacation plans?" Arrrrggghhh

Hope you guys have the time of your lives:)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I wish I could but I didn't have time to get everything in order to make it up and back in the time frame available to me. If I had only found out Wed or Thursday I think I could have pulled it off. How long did it take Thump to get there?

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Let's see...

According to his earlier post, Thump left Tejas at 3:09 am today. Okie said he got to LTM at 9:16 pm.

Roughly 18 hours. What are ya waiting for? You can be there in time for dinner at DQ tomorrow night. :)

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I am jealous of each and every one of the 166 people that are going. Okie, when you get there please remind Thump of what he has to look forward to next year :D Maybe I can hop in the back of Julius Pleaser's truck and just sort of join in on the crowd when I get there?:think

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by _SOLO_
Maybe I can hop in the back of Julius Pleaser's truck and just sort of join in on the crowd when I get there?:think
I'm in enough trouble already. ;)

We'll get ya there next year--IF I am allowed to attend next year...

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
SPEAKING OF THAT TRAIN!!!

People be dam careful!!!

Those railroad tracks are decieveing and trains motate thru there very fast, A race track owner from Terre Haute wasn't as lucky about 5 years ago!

Please watch those tracks@!!!

wardy

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
LOL @ Okie

I pulled into Casey at 2 am on Saturday morning last year. When I got out of the truck to stretch, I could hear faint mutterings from some of the nearby tents. I felt kinda bad about arriving so late and waking everyone up.

I got back in my truck, and after an hour on the cell phone with my soon-to-be ex-wife, I nodded off to sleep.

About 10 minutes later, I was jolted awake by the sound of a train passing by--20 feet behind me. :scream:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
talk about initiative, I'm skipping out on my statistics midterm (scheduled for friday) to attend, the prof. was kind enough to let me take it on monday of the week after :)

I'm getting antsy, bike's ready and I've got most of my riding gear washed, everyone should feel special that I thought to wash my gear before I came, it's been laying in the shop in a pile since my last ride a month ago :scream:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
You know I don't remember hearing that train at all last year?

Must have slept well! I think it was the firewater!

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Meanwhile, here I sit, waiting to get the RV so we can load it :( . We won't get there until 7:00 today :(

I wondering why you were online!

Top Bottom