JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Well I've been biten by the thumper bug. I finally got my first four stroke this week. Im now the extremely happy new owner of a WR250F.

I took it out for the first ride this afternoon and must say I am impressed. The motor and suspension had no problems hauling me around ( 210 lbs + gear). The bike tracks much better than my RM ever did.

Overall I am very happy with the switch from a 2 to a 4 stroke. Which is a good thing because I was starting to not have as much fun riding anymore. The RM was really twitchy and I was getting tired of fitting it all the time.

Jeff

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Congrats Jeff.:cool:

One more over to the Blue Dark Side.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff
Well I've been biten by the thumper bug.

Jeff

That bug has been going around a lot lately Jeff.;)

Welcome to the Dark Side.:cool:

echoduck

Mar 31, 2002
Got bit Saturday brought it home but to late to ride but I ended up riding it Sunday in the rain, funny didn't even notice the rain. I'd have to say the 250f is the funnest and best suspended bike I've ever rode even though its down on overall power compared to my yz 250 2 smoke the grin factor and overall fun wins big time on the 250f. I thought i'd miss the sound of the 2stroke, funny thing though didn't the f sounds great. And another thing I've read all these post on how hard this bike starts, I've never had or started a 4 stroke before Sunday and I've never had to kick it more than twice to start it.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by echoduck
And another thing I've read all these post on how hard this bike starts, I've never had or started a 4 stroke before Sunday and I've never had to kick it more than twice to start it.

I was almost afraid to try and start the bike... Much to my surprise it fires right up. The only problem I have is learning when to use the hot start.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Congrats YZjeF ! Where are we riding this Saturday ?

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Two Strokes Forever!

You missed a few, Bundy. Me. LastPlace. Eel? (are you looking at two stroke Husky?) Thumbs -- hang tough. We've got your back.

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
hey im thinkin about gettin a wr, does it already have a light and stuff? do you know how hard they are to swich from a tt-r 125L? do i ask too many questions? huh? huh? do i need to shut up now? huh? :confused::moon:

seriously have anyone ridden a ttr and a 250f, how much hp gain is there? also i am getting REEEEEAAALY tired of bottoming from a 3-foot dropoff, even with the suspension tightened all the way down. i hear its pretty good in the susp. department. uh oh its 10:30 and ive gotta ride tomorrow.... later!!

-Rob

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by bluerider125
hey im thinkin about gettin a wr, does it already have a light and stuff? do you know how hard they are to swich from a tt-r 125L? do i ask too many questions? huh? huh? do i need to shut up now? huh? :confused::moon:

-Rob

Rob. HUH? :confused:

Yes, they come with lights and stuff. Major difference in suspension and performance. If you like to jump, you will like the WR. You may want to put a YZ seat and tank on it if you are going to ride it on a track. Gets you up on the front end more for better steering control. Also, keeps you from busting your cajonies if you come up short.

Just my $ .02

Top Bottom