MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
Does anybody know of a good book (or books) on 4-stroke technology and maintenance. There are tips here and there in magazines and the net is a great resource but I'm looking for something of reference book.

And YES I am a nerdy book earthworm! :debil:

Thanks!

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
ericgorr.com has a alot good information, havent gotten a chance to read it yet but i have heard it gives alot of help.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Can you be more specific on exactly what you are looking for?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
When you get your new bike, also buy the Service Manual for it. The owner's manual that you'll get covers some basics, but the Service Manual really goes into everything you'll need to know about working on it.

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
I'll have to get a service manual then.

Rich, I was mainly looking for the nitty gritty on a 4 stroke works, you know diagrams and that sort of thing along with exposition on the proper care and maintenace. I imagine that the service manual will go a long way in helping me better understand the machine.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
If you are looking for service type information it's tough to beat the factory service manuals. They will list procedures, service intervals, special tools and some part numbers. If you are looking for performance, design, or theory there are other options available.

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
I like that site (How Stuff Works), I actually had to use it in school a couple times.

The service manual is on order so I'll be "gettin my learn on" soon....

thx guys

Top Bottom