Walt Hollis

Apr 8, 2002
I looked all over, and I don't think you can get a discount on them. On-line, dealers, shops, the price is always the same. At my shop I get a racer discount, but they wouldn't do it on the braces.

- Walt

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Asterisk has a policy that the braces are sold for a set price. Kind of their way to give the small mom and pop shops a chance to compete with the big guys. In the end it is the best safety money (other then your helmet) you can spend. Wish I had bought mine a couple months before I had planned.

BigSchafft

Apr 20, 2000
Good idea to help level the playing field.. Just got mine last week, rode on sunday took a fall right onto my bad knee that I had operated on, fortunatley was wearoing my brace and came thru with flying colors. It definately instilled my confidence in the brace.

GAS GAS guy, they do not honor the DRN free shipping discount anymore. It was only 12 dollars to ship to me in california so that wasnt too bad and it only took 4 days!!!

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
i know some insurance policies cover the braces to, anyone know anything about that stuff?

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
BigSchafft said:
...to get the Cells. Now who can I talk to on DRN to get that great discount for my new cells? Any info much appreciated.
:worship:
Glad to hear it. Hopefully more people take the preventative approach rather than the reactive approach to protecting their knees. :thumb:

mos11b

Feb 8, 2004
Thump said:
Glad to hear it. Hopefully more people take the preventative approach rather than the reactive approach to protecting their knees. :thumb:

I have cell’s now, I have 4 rides with them and have mixed feelings. The cell don’t really fee like it is part of my leg! It feels like it is to high above it like the hinge area is to far toward my knee cap area and is not bending with my knee. Also the pads on the side of the knee cap area do not touch my knee… is it designed to contact my knee? I have ¼ or more on each side.

Then after talking to my Ortho.. he said a lot of research had been done and it is proven that knee braces don’t really prevent injuries, because most injuries are from your leg being turned in a redial direction.. like when you snag a boot tip and you leg is pulled out and turned! No knee brace will prevent a negative radial motion (Per my Ortho).

I hope I didn’t spend $550.00 on glorified knee pads!

Is there an Asterisk rep on here to convince me I spent my $$ wisely?

I really want this product to work…

:think: :| :whiner:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My ortho said the Cells were the best product he's seen in quite a long time. He had been following them and when I told him I was getting a pair he very much wanted to see them and to fit them to my legs. He was very impressed with the patela protection and hinge design and felt the lacing on the back allowed fine tuning of the fit and that while not a full on custom as far as fit and bulk that it was equal in performance and exceeded all in the patela protection design. If you feel you bought glorified knee pads or that the research points against them offering much protection consider there are studies that suggest helmets cause injury and that people that actually use them rave about them. If that's not enough put them up on an auction site and get most of your money back and save it for your deductable.

Top Bottom