OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I am planning a trip to the Outdoor national this July and want to ride for the week following. I have never ridden Colorado before and am looking for advice and/or a trail guide for good areas within a few hours of Denver. I prefer offroad as opposed to MX tracks. I will bring a riding buddy or two , and want to camp in a 33 ft. fifth wheel toybox, so I need a spot that can accomodate it. Also could use some baseline jetting advice for YZ250's. We will be coming up from Oklahoma. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ray3667

Mar 20, 2004
I suggest the Woodland park area. its about !.5 hours south of Denver. take I-25 south to Colorado springs, then take Hwy24 west to Divide. From there you need a map . I am not sure about the camping , I usually take Trout creek trailhead ..but there is no room for a big fifth wheel.. you could set up trailer in Woodland park , there are trailheads within minuits from WP... email me if you want more details.

YZ125jk

Registered
Mar 14, 2005
I just went to rampart range the other day and it was great its about a hour and a half from denver and they have a camping ground no fee everyone there is very nice.They have trails from easy to most difficult with creeks and rivers.You go down in deep valleys and to the top of cliffs inches from death on the most difficult.You need a sticker and a spark arrestor to ride there and any were else in colorado forests.

Ray3667

Mar 20, 2004
Sorry but I forgot about your jetting ... if you are coming from OK your Jetting will be rich. YOu will need to move the needle and change the main jet . if your manual has a jetting chart it should be fairly close to what you need .... the lowest trail riding in CO is 6500 feet. Woodland and rampart are about 7000ft... I would hit Woodland park it is much nicer than rampart(even thought I ride rampart 4 times a months , I ride Woodland the other 4 times a month) .

Ray3667

Mar 20, 2004
Do you have a lot of black spooge coming from your tail pipe? I have been riding in these woods for 15 years ... trust me you need to rejet... if you don't your not riding hard enough.... and by the way woodland park system starts at 7500 feet and goes up from there.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom