fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Anyone interested in a ride next Thursday? I'm thinking Elsinore or maybe Corrall Canyon. Or I could easily be talked into another place. I would love to ride with 89r at his place but it sounds like we'd have to go Mad Max style.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Fred2

Not gonna be able to ride on Thursday, but a bunch of us are going up to Kennedy Meadows over the holiday. Check the thread.

We would like to try Corrall Canyon some time. Wanna be our guide?

9r

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
89r,

I would love to take you guys out there sometime. As far as a guide I've only been there once.

Where abouts is Kennedy Meadows? My kitchen passes are still kind of scarce so I probably won't be able to join you guys.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Fred2- I may be able to go to corrall canyon for a morning ride depending on how my wife is feeling after her hand surgery on the 2nd. If we do a quick morning run I think I should be good to go. Let me know.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Fred2.

To get to KMm you go out 395 to about Ridgecrest and go left up to the top of the mountain. It's about 3 hours from my place, so you will have to add about one hour. Directions are in the KM thread.

Hey Tree, ya wanna be our guide at Corrall Canyon?

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Tree,

That would be great. I'm hoping to get there around 9 and ride till 3. There's still a small 5% possibility that I won't make it but I'll know for sure early next week.

89r,

I'll probably have to pass on the KMm but it sounds like a lot of fun. It must be awesome for all of you fellas to go there.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
fred2
i might be able to make it as well on thursday,
i was out there two weeks ago and the flys were teribble! they were so bad you had to keep your helmet on. riding was the only way to get any relief.
i dont ever remembering it being this bad, anyone else run into this problem during the warmer months?

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
fred2-I would plan on leaving my house by 7am so I would be there by 8am and ride until about noon. I'm sure it's starting to get hot up there so the earlier the better.

Steve- what time you planning on going? it would be great to ride with you again.

89er-I wouldn't mind leading a group around the area. It's really not that big. Someone I rode with once compared it to Wildomar but I've never riden there so I don't know. It has a few decent trails that run through the middle of the area and it is surounded by a couple of fire rodes so you really can't get lost.

One loop I usually take starts with the fire road up by the tower then head west on a jeep trail which connects withe the main fire road all the way on the west end then take the single track (Wrangler trail, I think) back to the staging area. It's about a 30 mile loop.

Last edited:

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: Crap fellas! It looks like I won't be able to make it after all. I've ran into a couple of problems so I'll have to try again some other time.

Top Bottom