tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
we riders in the north texas area have been jinxed as far as riding goes. for the last month it has been wet/cold/snow on the weekends. this weekend ended our cabin fever. on sat i had plans to meet fellow DRNs tony eeds and evenslower. we met up at a dennys ate a bite and headed to muenster for some trails. we were there kinda early and most of the dallas metro riders hadnt made it yet so trail traffic was light. we unloaded and since i was the only one who was familiar with the place, i got to lead. dirt was moist and dust was a no show. we end up on the sand bar out in the river and we open em up and play a bit. we gather up and shut em down to jaw a bit. john(evenslower) points at my fork and says uh oh. i look down to see the results of a failing fork seal. crap, i say. we go back to the truck and i wipe the fork down. i clean under the wiper but it is still oozing. i decided since it was not on the brake side, to go ahead and ride. we head out again. this time for a longer ride. i try my best to follow arrows from previous races. we eventually wind up covering all of the major trails without incident. its getting to mid afternoon and it is time to go.

i rush home to attend my daughters parents vs kids soccer gettogether. as parents, we have held our own through the years, until now. the game ended up 2-2. im pretty wiped out by now with some major cramps in the back of my leg. (justql, OKKXr you guys can laugh now) but ive got a fork seal to fix because my dear sweet wife said ride sunday since you havent been able to ride all month. she is as good as a factory ride ;) . i go into the garage and try the old 35mm film under the seal trick and guess what? it worked to my surprise.

sunday am has me loading up the truck and heading out to nocona mx for practice. i am to meet lawdog101 of DRN. i get there early only to realize that it is a good 15 degrees cooler than home. the bank said it was 35deg and i had gear for 50deg. i dont know why i do that. its not like there isnt room in the gearbag. i unload and hit the track with frost on every exhale. i can do 5-6 laps before my hands get too cold. i hook up with lawdog101 and we chat a bit. he is skilled on that crf450. i do 5 or 6 sessions before calling it quits. the running four times a week pays off on the track. i didnt really get tired while riding. unfortunately, the soccer game from the previous night has left me sore in some places im not used to. as an old guy i eat asprin on the way to the track, while im at the track and when i get home. yall go buy some stock in bayer. its getting to be noon and i load up as the track has become quite busy. i make the drive home with that good feeling of tired. cabin fever cured. cant wait to do it again.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Glad to hear you got to ride, Gene. It's quite a trick sometimes fitting it in with the family activities. Have fun and be careful.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sounds like a fun(busy) weekend.  Don, you going to Wellston next weekend?

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
It was nice to get out on the bike again. Hopefully it won't be as long before we can do it again. It was my first trip to Muenster. I have some buddies at work who ride quads and go pretty often but I wanted my first time out there to be with bikes and hopefully with someone who knew their way around. tx246 did so it worked out great.

Glad to see Tony on two good feet and riding the bike. Gene too for that matter. As with all my experiences with DRNers so far, had a great time. May have to try Lake Murray next.

Top Bottom