Stoked_KX

Sep 7, 2001
Just wanted to get everybody's opinion of Tim Ferry. I was bummed at the beginning of the season when Ferry broke his ankle, but he is definitely making up for lost time. First SX of the season and he makes the podium. Very nice. Maybe he might win one this season. Anyway, major props out to Tim Ferry and Yamaha.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Timmy has definitely stepped up his game alot in the past year or two. His second place ride at Daytona shows that he can go when he is on. Barring any more injuries Tim should be competing for the podium each week outdoors and don't be surprised to see him win some.

2nat2

Jul 15, 2001
I,m a fan of Tim Ferry because he hung in there and earned a factory ride.
I look for him to do well outdoors this year, but I doubt he can beat Carmical on his Honda.:(

I think Ferry has had to work alot harder than most factory riders and it shows on track.

BTW I don't bash Carmical he's just not one of my favorite rider's.

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
I think Ferry will be a major force to be reckoned with when the MotoX season starts, I think RC and windom will be his only Comp.

spy-yamaha

Feb 24, 2002
Timmy is the man. I remember when the guy was getting the top privateer awards. He has come along way with Yamaha and I wish him and the rest of the Yamaha team the best of luck.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Yeah you gotta love Ferry, good work ethic, great attitude and it's been great to see how quickly he adapted to the thumper. I hope he stays healthy for the nats and I hop he battles for the championship! I also think he is a threat to win a couple of sx's as he races his way back into shape.:cool:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Ferry's had the worst of luck. I was picking him to be the one pressuring Carmichael this year, and that definitely would have happened had he not dropped a couple lungs.;)

I disagree that he can't beat Carmichael. The only reason he sort of faded at Daytona was that he'd been on the couch or hospital bed most of this season. That 426 is definitely as fast, if not faster than Carmichael's CR. If Ferry can just get back into that seriously incredible shape required to keep up with RC, he can beat him any day.

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by 2nat2
I,m a fan of Tim Ferry because he hung in there and earned a factory ride.
I look for him to do well outdoors this year, but I doubt he can beat Carmical on his Honda.:(

I think Ferry has had to work alot harder than most factory riders and it shows on track.

BTW I don't bash Carmical he's just not one of my favorite rider's.

I have over-heard people in the Industry talking about RC. They say he is on borrowed time on his Honda. But unfortunatly he is still the fastest guy out there.

I love seeing Ferry come back to get second on his first race back!!:aj:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Sounded like he was going to put on a good show last night as well, out front for some time, then dropped it. If there's anyone out there that doubts RC's speed--he lapped past Ferry & Fonseca last night.:eek:

How can you go from dicing it up with the front runner for the first several laps, to being lapped by him? Will be interesting to see the race. My bet is Ferry's both out of shape AND still hurting.

Top Bottom