tips on shipping a shock?

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
any tips on how to ship a shock off for service? mine has been leaking oil, and when i removed it, i noticed a little piece of metal chipped off the base of the top part where the rod goes up in it. and i think that is where the oil is coming from..

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I would also put the thing in a plastic bag. If oil leaks out during transit, UPS will set your package aside for an inspection. All it takes is oil spots on the outside of the box to get noticed. They do a lousy job of re-packing the box after inspection.

It also voids the insurance you paid for...After all, if you had packed it properly, it would not need an inspection!

Yea, ship the shock with the post office or Fed X. Let UPS eat rocks.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Double box it

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Easy on the UPS thing. It is a good idea to first wrap your shock in a sealed bag (and even double box it with labels on both boxes). The good thing about shipping through a UPS customer counter is that they will inspect the packing before shipping, which pretty much gaurantees a claim to be valid IF that becomes an issue. Tracking numbers (no extra charge) are also a nice way to verify that the recepient received your shock. I will get off of my soap box now.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…